• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Iceland and Faroe Islands - Bridge Between Continents...

Thank you for the ride report and pictures. It made me feel like I was right there. Again, thanks.

Your pictures are wonderful. What kind of camera did you use?

Chris

Thank you for the ride report and pictures. It made me feel like I was right there. Again, thanks.

Your pictures are wonderful. What kind of camera did you use?

Chris
Thanks Chris for the comment. For camera equipment I use the most convenient one - a simple iPhone 6. I also capture photos from video shot by a GoPro Session and a DJI Mavic Pro.

Video posted. Check it out!! Please like and comment. If you want to be notified of future videos please subscribe.

Cheers,
Travis

Interesting coincidence--if you believe in such things (I don't)--but just this week IcelandAir announced a new nonstop flight service from KCI (KC airport about 15 minutes from my house) to Reykjavik beginning in May 2018. I believe I am being unfairly tempted.

Interesting coincidence--if you believe in such things (I don't)--but just this week IcelandAir announced a new nonstop flight service from KCI (KC airport about 15 minutes from my house) to Reykjavik beginning in May 2018. I believe I am being unfairly tempted.

I'd go earlier than later - The tourism is only going to increase.

Thank you!

I enjoyed your travel story very much.
Thank you for all the time and effort you put in to sharing this with us.
Keep on riding and enjoying the ride.

Thank you for a truly inspiring story

Travis, your artist's eye for light, shape and color--and your commitment to taking the time for making memories--are extraordinary. I've just discovered your blog and with rapt attention could/would not stop reading, absorbing and scrolling forward. I feel grateful to have had this experience. And all the while, I thought to myself: This is a coffee-table book I would eagerly purchase. I hope you'll consider publishing in print--your photography deserves it! Best wishes to you and Chantil for your new life in Germany and for adventures to come.

Bruce Patt

Bruce,

Wow!! What an incredibly nice thing to say. I’m flattered that you enjoyed the ride report so much.

These report do take time but knowing that folks, like you, are enjoying them make the time spent worth it.

I have considered a coffee table type book but have not put much effort past sketching layouts for the pages and cover art. Perhaps it’s time to put some more thought into it.

Thanks so much for your comments and best wishes.

Warm regards,
Travis and Chantil Gill

This thread was like being on some type of fairytale ride. So far away, but very familiar at the same time. I would like to do the ride. Maybe someday. Thanks much Barry. PS One of my favorite threads.

This thread was like being on some type of fairytale ride. So far away, but very familiar at the same time. I would like to do the ride. Maybe someday. Thanks much Barry. PS One of my favorite threads.

Thanks Barry for the kind comments. Having the opportunity to travel through these two incredible countries did feel like a fairy-tale. I just wished that we could have continued on our travels indefinitely. We are planning our next adventure for later this year - perhaps the Portugal ACT and Morocco.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread! Perhaps you may also enjoy reading our Baja, CA Adventure that we did earlier that same year in 2017:
https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?90554-Baja-para-dos-Nine-day-adventure-in-Baja-Mexico

WOW...... what an incredible trip, report, and photos. As already mentioned, you should make books. After reading your report I almost feel like I was there myself! Well done !!!! Thank you for helping me to live vicariously :)

gimme789, thanks so much for the comment! A book would be fun; perhaps during the next winter season. I'm glad you enjoyed the report on Iceland and the Faroes - It's still one of our favorite trips! Cheers.

Back