• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cycleworks Sales

===========

I, again, am at a loss to follow the thoughts here! ???? Nothing I have said, has been even close to un-civil in this thread, nor has anything I said meant to be sarcastic or whatever.

I just believe that buyers have certain rights and expectations and being served by the vendor is one of them. I understand that there can be extenuating circumstances from time to time, but the people who have sent money to purchase items ought to be kept apprised of the situation and then allowed to do what they want!

SCBuckeye, I think the last sentence in your post " In this case, the customer got shafted! " is off the mark. No one got "shafted". The customer got his money back, the vendor lost a sale. I seriously doubt Dan's purpose in life is to go around shafting people and I think that if he could manage everything on his plate right now Cycleworks would be in much better shape to do business normally. But that is not his situation. Apparently he has a full time job and has had to move the business twice recently. I'm not making excuses for his poor communication skills as I have experienced them myself with unanswered emails as to why the steering head bearing puller tool bent badly the first time I used it due to soft metal washers and instructions that are lacking in clarity. But I do get why he never answered me and that it is probably because he's up to his arse in alligators at the moment. Hopefully that situation improves for him and I wish him well. We all should because us home wrenchers need guys like Dan to do well.

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..." Simon and Garfunkel

SCBuckeye, I think the last sentence in your post " In this case, the customer got shafted! " is off the mark. No one got "shafted". The customer got his money back, the vendor lost a sale. I seriously doubt Dan's purpose in life is to go around shafting people and I think that if he could manage everything on his plate right now Cycleworks would be in much better shape to do business normally. But that is not his situation. Apparently he has a full time job and has had to move the business twice recently. I'm not making excuses for his poor communication skills as I have experienced them myself with unanswered emails as to why the steering head bearing puller tool bent badly the first time I used it due to soft metal washers and instructions that are lacking in clarity. But I do get why he never answered me and that it is probably because he's up to his arse in alligators at the moment. Hopefully that situation improves for him and I wish him well. We all should because us home wrenchers need guys like Dan to do well.

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..." Simon and Garfunkel

When I say got "Shafted" that does not necessarily mean that he lost is money. What I mean is that the customer didn't get the reasonable service that any customer should expect! That didn't even come close to happening here. I am sure that there can be extenuating circumstances that can be used for excuses, and sometimes justifiably so. But . . . the customer is rightfully due an explanation and not have his requests for info simply ignored!

BTW, I see you quote the famous philosophers, Simon and Garfunkel! Wow, that's deep!

When I say got "Shafted" that does not necessarily mean that he lost is money. What I mean is that the customer didn't get the reasonable service that any customer should expect! That didn't even come close to happening here. I am sure that there can be extenuating circumstances that can be used for excuses, and sometimes justifiably so. But . . . the customer is rightfully due an explanation and not have his requests for info simply ignored!

BTW, I see you quote the famous philosophers, Simon and Garfunkel! Wow, that's deep!

Thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :rofl

I bought the airhead wheel bearing greaser tool from Dan very recently. It took about six weeks to get. In the interim, I left him two phone messages (not returned) and one or two e-mails. He did e-mail me shortly before sending the tool. I was in no hurry, so I'm not dissatisfied with the service. If I were to offer him any advice it would just be to return calls as a courtesy. I can understand how a one man show can get overwhelmed at times. A one minute phone call to reassure customers would go a long way.

I ordered on 11/20, sent an email 10 days ago (no reply), sent another a few days ago and received a reply and tracking number yesterday. All ready for the X-mas wrenching!

5 weeks but worth it!

It took 5 weeks total to get the tools, but it was the first time in my life I had FUN pulling steering bearing outer races. OMG, what an amazing well thought through tool! Worth every penny (and the wait :)). I really hope this business stays around, I will definitely order again!

Back