• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cycleworks Sales

leigh

Hey all,
I ordered a couple tools from CycleWorks at the beginning of november and have yet to receive or have any communication on their end after repeated attempts. Can anyone shed any light on them? I've left Dan a couple of VM's but nothing in return. Thank you.

Leigh -

I suspect that Dan's operation is with limited people, so I'd give him some more time. We're into the holidays and this might be the time that people are beginning to think about winter projects ahead of the next riding season...so he might be a bit busy as well.

Leigh -

I suspect that Dan's operation is with limited people, so I'd give him some more time. We're into the holidays and this might be the time that people are beginning to think about winter projects ahead of the next riding season...so he might be a bit busy as well.

--------
But then, one would think out of common courtesy to his customers, that he would keep them apprised of the situation! Right?

Hey all,
I ordered a couple tools from CycleWorks at the beginning of november and have yet to receive or have any communication on their end after repeated attempts. Can anyone shed any light on them? I've left Dan a couple of VM's but nothing in return. Thank you.

Here is what I knew as of June this year when I stopped by to visit him.
1. Dan had to move the entire operation, for the second time, in a year. That's an enormous disruption to the business.
2. He had to take a full time job to overcome the lost revenue caused by the above, as well as continuing to run CycleWorks.
3. He is dedicated to the business and is trying as hard as he can to meet his incoming orders.
4. It's a one person business.
5. He has a family.

Yes, it is frustrating for customers when you don't get a reply to your inquiry. But in this case, there are extenuating circumstances.

I hope this helps.

Best.
Brook Reams.

Here is what I knew as of June this year when I stopped by to visit him.
1. Dan had to move the entire operation, for the second time, in a year. That's an enormous disruption to the business.
2. He had to take a full time job to overcome the lost revenue caused by the above, as well as continuing to run CycleWorks.
3. He is dedicated to the business and is trying as hard as he can to meet his incoming orders.
4. It's a one person business.
5. He has a family.

Yes, it is frustrating for customers when you don't get a reply to your inquiry. But in this case, there are extenuating circumstances.

I hope this helps.

Best.
Brook Reams.

And..........The speed and communication of an order is sometimes referenced how Amazon operates.. It's a tough time to be small.
OM

And..........The speed and communication of an order is sometimes referenced how Amazon operates.. It's a tough time to be small.
OM

Amen brother. We ordered a couple of items from Amazon and a couple from Best Buy and one from Canon. The Amazon stuff came in two days, the camera in about a week. The Best Buy stuff will be here next week some time.

OM

Amen brother. We ordered a couple of items from Amazon and a couple from Best Buy and one from Canon. The Amazon stuff came in two days, the camera in about a week. The Best Buy stuff will be here next week some time.

Oh yeah, Amazon is “funded” by the stock market.........Something the little retailer can’t possibly compete with.
OM

Thanks for the info everyone. I checked the status of my order earlier and it looks like he has unfortunately reversed the charges. I would have rather him contact me so I could change my address for shipping when the items were ready. I wasn't in a big hurry and had he just gave me a heads up as to what was going on I would have waited. I agree its tough to be a small business especially as niche as his but if the product is available then there is enough tech out there to help with logistics. IN any case I'm out the tools I was looking for and Dan's out some cash. Thanks

What were you looking for in tools? Some of the Members have made some nice tools or may be able to point you towards another supplier.
OM

Thanks for the info everyone. I checked the status of my order earlier and it looks like he has unfortunately reversed the charges. I would have rather him contact me so I could change my address for shipping when the items were ready. I wasn't in a big hurry and had he just gave me a heads up as to what was going on I would have waited. I agree its tough to be a small business especially as niche as his but if the product is available then there is enough tech out there to help with logistics. IN any case I'm out the tools I was looking for and Dan's out some cash. Thanks

It's stuff like this that anyone in business should consider first before trying to do business. None of the excuses listed above justifies doing this to his customers. I have never believed in the mantra, "the customer is always right" but this is ridiculous. In this case, the customer got shafted!

Hey all,

Same here. ordered a tool, heard nothing, no reply to emails, VM, after 3 weeks the tool showed up at my door. Zero communication but the tool is amazing. I ordered another one about 2 weeks ago, I will need it after Christmas and I am confident it will be here by then. As others said, it is a small business and we are spoiled by Amazon's turn-around-time. That being said, I believe better communication would help the business, but that's not for me to say.

I disagree!

Of course the previous contributor has had an issue with my post a while back regarding another forum subject, I think was a /2 picture. There is quite a list of circumstance Dan has had to deal with in the last year or so and even one of those issues alone might have been cause to close up shop and eliminate a valued source of service and products for the older bikes.

The OP money was refunded in full so who has lost here? Dan lost a customer so I guess that would mean Dan has lost. The OP didn't get the tools he wanted but this is a great community here along with the Airheads club I am sure his needs will be met.

I certainly hope that Dan gets back on his feet and out of the weeds with the business and maybe some day he won't have to work full time along with operating a valued asset to the Vintage and Antique BMW motorcycle community.

You want a real horror story just take a look at Epco sometime.

Lets keep it civil Mr Buckeye OK!

Of course the previous contributor has had an issue with my post a while back regarding another forum subject, I think was a /2 picture. There is quite a list of circumstance Dan has had to deal with in the last year or so and even one of those issues alone might have been cause to close up shop and eliminate a valued source of service and products for the older bikes.

The OP money was refunded in full so who has lost here? Dan lost a customer so I guess that would mean Dan has lost. The OP didn't get the tools he wanted but this is a great community here along with the Airheads club I am sure his needs will be met.

I certainly hope that Dan gets back on his feet and out of the weeds with the business and maybe some day he won't have to work full time along with operating a valued asset to the Vintage and Antique BMW motorcycle community.

For a first time customer (like I was a few weeks ago) who didn't know anything about the business, the circumstances, etc., it can be a bit disappointing that after you shell out the $$$ nothing is happening for weeks and messages/emails are not being answered. So I was in the same situation as the OP, I just wanted to know what was going on. I am fine now (and ordered again) but I can understand the frustration of new customers.

You do have a valid point Olaf

I would agree with you that it can be unnerving and very frustrating as a first time customer and unaware of the circumstances.

================
I guess I fail to see how what I said could even possibly be considered uncivil!

When one does business, he is expected of certain things, one of them is to treat the customer as he is, a human being who is a customer. None of us would expect service like this from Wal-Mart, McDonalds, or your car dealer or your drug store. Why an exception here?

All that was needed was informing the customer and if he were not able to deliver as normally expected, let the customer know and then decide if he still wants the product!

I do hope he gets back on his feet and back in business, but this is not the way to do it!

Now, is that civil enough?

Please check you PM box

Mr. Buckeye, I hope to keep this thread on topic and refrain from dredging up past attitudes so I returned the PM you sent to me that I felt was not very civil or nice.

Mr. Buckeye, I hope to keep this thread on topic and refrain from dredging up past attitudes so I returned the PM you sent to me that I felt was not very civil or nice.

===========

I, again, am at a loss to follow the thoughts here! ???? Nothing I have said, has been even close to un-civil in this thread, nor has anything I said meant to be sarcastic or whatever.

I just believe that buyers have certain rights and expectations and being served by the vendor is one of them. I understand that there can be extenuating circumstances from time to time, but the people who have sent money to purchase items ought to be kept apprised of the situation and then allowed to do what they want!

Just an update for those who care. I thought I was getting a refund as it appeared on my account as a charge being reversed and i still may be getting one but as of today I have yet to. I emailed Dan again regarding this and an address change but nothing in return. The tools I ordered were the Airhead Front Engine Tool and the Driveshaft coupling puller (55-80). I'm trying to take the R90 apart. If anyone has any advice on getting the front of the engine apart or the coupling off I would greatly appreciate it and thanks for the info and help with Cycleworks. Have a good weekend.

I thought I was getting a refund as it appeared on my account as a charge being reversed and i still may be getting one but as of today I have yet to. .

Sometimes credits take a week or two to show on a bank or credit card account.

Just an update...I had an order pending that was placed Oct 26th and had emailed to check status the same as others. I received the order today. Hopefully things are getting back on track.

Back