• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A newbie to Germany (in Vancouver)

wynk

What have I done?

Having satisfied my Universal Japanese Motorcycle cravings I'm trying a hand at my first BMW, a '78 R80/7. It…well…it runs. Mostly. But I've got some time, a garage, and some motivation to get all 797cc purring by spring (with a few upgrades here and there). The winter is long (and very, very wet) here in Vancouver, Canada, so I'm ready to hunker down and trade my sake and sushi for some Bavarian beverage and a freezer full of bratwurst. Imagine I'll have a lot of questions for ya'll (after I search for existing posts, of course).

IMG_20171124_192636 (1).jpg

Consider joining the Airhead BMW Club (ABC). Your bike is called an Airhead and the people in the ABC have an almost cult like dedication to keeping Airheads on the road. There are groups in most states and provinces and they often hold tech days. Attending a tech day is a great way to learn about the machine by observing and getting your hands dirty with the input of prople who know these machines. You can join at http://www.airheads.org. There is an Airhead Club in BC. Provincial clubs are headed by a person called an Air Marshal. The BC Airmarshal is David Prinn. You will find a list of Air Marshals HERE; click on David's name and you can send him an email. I know the BC club holds an annual tech day in Midway and it is well attended; there may be others as well. You will also get a monthly magazine that has tech info and info on Airhead Club activities.

You have three local clubs with members willing to help.
Check out.

BeeCee Beemers. Valley BMW Riders. or Vancouver Island BMW Riders.

Back