• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Throttlemiester for a 1992 BMW R100RT

b25bsaboy

Good day,

Question for the knowledgable people on the BMO Airhead Forum. Has anyone adapted or uses a Throttlemiester Cruise control unit on an Airhead.

Good day,

Question for the knowledgable people on the BMO Airhead Forum. Has anyone adapted or uses a Throttlemiester Cruise control unit on an Airhead.

On my Oil Heads, F bikes and Hex Head, I used the Throttlemeister with success. But on Airheads I use a throttle screw. It is simple, easily adjustable, cheap, and reliable. It does not lock the throttle, but allows easy movement as you ride. On the bottom of your throttle housing is a small, threaded hole that the screw goes into. You then turn it to provide the right amount of friction.

You can get them on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/i/291821164582?chn=ps&dispctrl=1

Attachments

• Throttle screw.jpg
    Throttle screw.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 75
I used to use the throttle friction screw but I find it cumbersome and difficult not only to get to while riding but also difficult to get set "just right". It also tires my wrist out because of the drag it creates. I use one of these and find it much easier and neither of my hands need to leave the grips to use it at all. When you get the tension just right your thumb is all you need to set it. Simply twist forward to disable it or push the handy lever with your thumb. I have tried a bunch of different ones which were plastic but this aluminum and screw adjustable one works really well.
s-l400.jpg

I've not used the throttlemeister...I searched the forum and didn't see any Airheads users in the first few posts, but did see posters of Oilheads that mentioned using it.

I've used something called a vistacruise universal throttle lock ever since I got my /7...it came installed. I've grown to really like it. Something like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...LndIkn1jlaTJACUJib3gS4ms5WrNLTMBoC46oQAvD_BwE

In addition, I have a product similar to the "crampbuster" secured to the end of the throttle grip. Handy as well!

Back