• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

"Last Ride of '17" Stockton,AL

brownie

Anyone looking for some of the "real-deals" of LD riders, with their fantastic machinery.....come by the Stagecoach Café in Stockton ,AL (100 yds North of 225/59 intersection).
Real Southern cookin'....breakfast & lunch. Most show up around 10-12.....900 bikes on good year.

Our local club (BMW Riders-Emerald Coast) will leave as a gaggle from Adventure Motosports (US 29 Pensacola) @ 9 am........join us if in the area !!!:thumb

Dec 30th ‼️

Anyone looking for some of the "real-deals" of LD riders, with their fantastic machinery.....come by the Stagecoach Café in Stockton ,AL (100 yds North of 225/59 intersection).
Real Southern cookin'....breakfast & lunch. Most show up around 10-12.....900 bikes on good year.

Our local club (BMW Riders-Emerald Coast) will leave as a gaggle from Adventure Motosports (US 29 Pensacola) @ 9 am........join us if in the area !!!:thumb

Dec 30......sorry:brad

Adventure BMW 9 AM Sat 12/30

We'll be meeting @ Adventure to leave as group........all welcome !!!!

I'll be at the Stagecoach but early for breakfast, then leave. That way you miss the majority of the posers with straight pipes who ride all of 50 miles to get there, or haul their bikes to nearby, then ride 10 miles to the café. :)Don't care to even be in the parking lot with them. Hope to see some of you there!

I'll be at the Stagecoach but early for breakfast, then leave. That way you miss the majority of the posers with straight pipes who ride all of 50 miles to get there, or haul their bikes to nearby, then ride 10 miles to the café. :)Don't care to even be in the parking lot with them. Hope to see some of you there!

The risk of that is greatest in good weather when the event hits on a week-end. I usually have breakfast there and leave once the pirates roll in as well. The evening before is usually good times at Windwood Inn and Street's Seafood. But lately, I have been going to the Shrimp Basket because the food is better.

The risk of that is greatest in good weather when the event hits on a week-end. I usually have breakfast there and leave once the pirates roll in as well. The evening before is usually good times at Windwood Inn and Street's Seafood. But lately, I have been going to the Shrimp Basket because the food is better.

Lee,

We have been at the Windwood & Street's for several years...I should know you? :wave

Lee,

We have been at the Windwood & Street's for several years...I should know you? :wave

Probably. This will be my 20th Stockton trip. Look for an R12GS Rallye. I've switched off to the Shrimp Basket for dinner because the food at Street's has gotten pretty blah over the years.

DSC05690-M.jpg

I plan on being there 9ish local time. I'm planning it as part of a SS1000 with breakfast at the Stagecoach and dinner back in Jacksonville, FL from where I'll leave and return. I did my first SS stopping at Stagecoach ten years ago.

I plan on being there 9ish local time. I'm planning it as part of a SS1000 with breakfast at the Stagecoach and dinner back in Jacksonville, FL from where I'll leave and return. I did my first SS stopping at Stagecoach ten years ago.

Dave,

When did you get the R1200RT? I was not aware of that acquisition.

Lee

Dave,

When did you get the R1200RT? I was not aware of that acquisition.

Lee
October 30th. It's a high mileage 2007 that belonged to a riding buddy. I saw the bike bought new and had ridden many miles with him and knew it's complete service history to date. It needed a clutch, seals, and there was a gearbox or clutch noise to repair. The dealer quoted an estimated repair cost that was deemed not worth it to the owner and the bike went FSBO project bike for eventually very little. I did the clutch up new and ended up buying a low mile used gearbox. I have put about 2000 miles on it so far but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. For now it's a change from the other bikes in the garage.

The "Last Ride of '17" to Stockton is in the books. Slightly smaller crowd than expected, as the frigid temps north of the Mason-Dixon line apparently kept some riders home. I arrived (from Birmingham, AL) about 10:10. Stagecoach was still serving breakfast, but switched to lunch at 10:30. I made it through the line early (1st time ever w/no one in front of me!), enjoyed reconnecting w/old friends I hadn't seen in over 30+ years. After a leisurely lunch, I wondered through the parking lot, talking with other friends met over the years (missed Gail & Paul -- what time did you leave?). Left for the return trip back to Birmingham about 12noon, just as the H-D crowd was arriving. Passed a few more riders heading in as I was leaving. Thanks, John Harrison, for keeping this great event going.

:wave Hey Jack,
We left at just about straight up 10 AM, so we just missed you. I saw a couple of "old" club members, but wondered where y'all were. We had to get home ASAP, as we had been gone since the 26th and knew we had a dead battery in our truck back at home. The weather was calling for possibility of freezing rain the next day, so we left as soon as we ate breakfast. We rode in rain for two days in "sunny" Florida, but overall a good trip.

I hear you re: the weather forecasat. It wasn't going to be any better, the longer you waited (it was 18 degF today, rising to 27 degF). Saturday was good, could have been better if we'd had a bigger group riding down. Glad you made it back -- dry from Stockton, at least.

Back