• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Denali Dr1 2.0/Hex EzCan questions

jgoertz

I have a Hex EzCan installed on my '15 R1200RT, with a Denali B6 Auxiliary LED License Plate Brake light attached. The brake light works great! I just purchased/received the following:

Denali Dr1 2.0 Light pods (not the full kit -- I have the EzCan)
Denali fairing mounts (under mirror mounts @ $99.95)
Denali 24" extension kits (2)

Question 1: The Denali Dr1's use a 3-wire connector, while the EzCan uses a 2-line plug. I know "Black to black", but which of the colored wires do I blank off on the included Denali pigtail?
Question 2: If the 24" extension won't reach from the fairing mount to the EzCan, could I use speaker wire to extend the "Denali to EzCan" pigtail?

I've searched the forum, the Twisted Throttle website, the Denali website, and the Hex website for answers to my question, to no avail.

Thanks for any help ya'll can provide!

Found my own answer to question 1 on the FAQ page @ Hex EzCan site. Black to black, Red (Denali) to the other lead (EzCan). Blank off the 3rd wire (Denali).

Wire size is 17g, so any 17g (or larger gauge/smaller gauge number) should work to extend the length, if necessary, so 18g copper speaker wire should be fine, tho' I'll probably stop by Lowes and pick up some red and black wire, just to keep the color coding easy.

:thumb
I still haven't got used to using wire that thin :hungover
BTW, I have found that in comparison of "jacket" size- US and Chinese wire, jacket size is comparable but there will be less actual conductor in the Chinese wire.
YMMV
OM

I have the D2s and EZcan.
The Denali wiring diagram should show you which of the three is the 'trigger' wire. That's the one to cap and stow.
One other will be positive +
One other will be negative -

RESOURCES shows it HERE

*EDIT: I'm sorry, if you're as electrical challenged as I am thoe RESOURCES link may be confusing. Best thing to do is test two wires at a time on a battery. That way you know which is positive and negative and which is the trigger.

Back