Thread: Denali Dr1 2.0/Hex EzCan questions

Denali Dr1 2.0/Hex EzCan questions

I have a Hex EzCan installed on my '15 R1200RT, with a Denali B6 Auxiliary LED License Plate Brake light attached. The brake light works great! I just purchased/received the following:

Denali Dr1 2.0 Light pods (not the full kit -- I have the EzCan)
    Denali fairing mounts (under mirror mounts @ $99.95)
    Denali 24" extension kits (2)

Question 1: The Denali Dr1's use a 3-wire connector, while the EzCan uses a 2-line plug. I know "Black to black", but which of the colored wires do I blank off on the included Denali pigtail?
    Question 2: If the 24" extension won't reach from the fairing mount to the EzCan, could I use speaker wire to extend the "Denali to EzCan" pigtail?

I've searched the forum, the Twisted Throttle website, the Denali website, and the Hex website for answers to my question, to no avail.

Thanks for any help ya'll can provide!
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

Found my own answer to question 1 on the FAQ page @ Hex EzCan site. Black to black, Red (Denali) to the other lead (EzCan). Blank off the 3rd wire (Denali).

Wire size is 17g, so any 17g (or larger gauge/smaller gauge number) should work to extend the length, if necessary, so 18g copper speaker wire should be fine, tho' I'll probably stop by Lowes and pick up some red and black wire, just to keep the color coding easy.
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

I still haven't got used to using wire that thin
    BTW, I have found that in comparison of "jacket" size- US and Chinese wire, jacket size is comparable but there will be less actual conductor in the Chinese wire.
    YMMV
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I have the D2s and EZcan.
    The Denali wiring diagram should show you which of the three is the 'trigger' wire. That's the one to cap and stow.
    One other will be positive +
    One other will be negative -

RESOURCES shows it HERE

*EDIT: I'm sorry, if you're as electrical challenged as I am thoe RESOURCES link may be confusing. Best thing to do is test two wires at a time on a battery. That way you know which is positive and negative and which is the trigger.
    "...the burble of my exhaust unwound like a long cord behind me. Soon my speed snapped it, and I heard only the cry of the wind...." Larry of Arubia