Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: BMW Nav VI

Quote Originally Posted by slip View Post
    Considering buying on for my RT. Is it plug and play or do I need dealer setup? My Garmin fits in the socket but is not bright enough.
    Did the bike come with the GPS prep kit. If so the it is plug and play. If not you will need to add the wiring.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

Quote Originally Posted by bdfbeemer View Post
    Did the bike come with the GPS prep kit. If so the it is plug and play. If not you will need to add the wiring.
    To my understanding all Wethead RT's imported to the USA come with the GPS prep kit.

Jay

Navigator VI

Thanks for the input, My bike is prepped for the GPS, does it give the new user step by step instructions, or is it like other garmins with the choice of map or where to.

Quote Originally Posted by slip View Post
    Thanks for the input, My bike is prepped for the GPS, does it give the new user step by step instructions, or is it like other garmins with the choice of map or where to.
    It is like other Garmins, but with different apps. Route creation, selection or import is done in Trip planner.
    Check out the Nav VI owners manual for more info.
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

Last edited by kaileybutt; 05-17-2018 at 01:12 PM.

So my riding friend bought our bike together. Him a 18 GS. Me a 17.5 GS Both received Nav VI as incentives.

Both sent them back for new ones after a month.

My issue and his. 32 Gig card with MP3 folder, half filled. All plays fine until you do a browse, Albums, and try to scroll down a page or two, the GPS reboots, EVERY time. Does not matter if you pick Albums or Artist after a page or three of the down arrow the GPS reboots. So I figured well the card is over running the GPS memory trying to read the card so I switch to those category's and allow 5 mins for it to read it and display the thumb nails, yep reboot.

New units received reformat the 32 Gig card, copy files over, same thing. Scroll gets you a reboot.

I hope that gets figured out. It sucks. I do like to just put it on to play all songs random, but I also would like to listen to one Album or one Artist when I choose to.

I also figured well they want you to use the letters along the bottom when you want to browse, tried that, after picking a letter or three, reboot.

My el cheapo cell Phone handles a 32 gig card no issue so why does a GPS that cost 5.5 times as much not?
    Lee
    2017.5 R 1200 GSW

"Altered default brake debounce to 1 sec from 10 ms"

Errr, what exactly????

Anyone know what the hell this means? Is it something to do with that crazy data about how often the rear versus front brake is applied or something? If so, I would have thought they would have had more important things to fix than that - like the "Tracker" app which has not worked since day one despite it being an advertised "New feature". (Yes, I know, it works on the Navigator but anyone receiving the tracker link only sees a blank screen on their device - what's up with that?)

I thought my debounce was too slow
    Tom Barrie
    http://bluegrasspicker.blogspot.com/
    2012 K1600GTL
    2002 R1150RT (sold)

Navigator VI now works very well overall

Since I bitched and moaned loudly when I first started using my Nav VI a year ago, on this forum and others, as well as to Garmin Support, thought I would come back and say that everything is now working quite well. Some of my issues were no doubt fixed with a replacement unit Garmin sent me, others from the last couple of software/firmware updates that have been released. The Tracker even now works.

I find in practice that the routes I design in BaseCamp transfer well to the Nav VI and reliably perform while following the route. Off route divergencies seem to get re-routed well back onto my original route, either by sending me to the nearest Shaping Point or next Waypoint - as I would expect. The BT features all work, steaming music is no problem, phone calls in and out work, and all the other apps that I've tried work as advertised. I did a 2,000 mile 11 day Appalachians trip this summer and pretty much followed the pre-planned routes all the way without issues.

So, overall, the Navigator VI has stopped being a source of confusion and frustration to a device that is reliable and performs as expected (meaning per the manual instructions and Garmin Online Support pages).

I have it paired with an iPhone 8 and Sena SRL communication system. Works great!