• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'86 K75C headlight assembly

jad01

I've been doing some work on my K75, and am in the process of repair and reassembly. I had the instrument cluster off to replace the odometer mechanism and a burnt-out speedometer backlight lamp, which necessitated removing the headlight housing. While doing so, I noticed that the headlight adjuster was just hanging loose (poking through the squarish hole in the back left side of the headlight bucket) and not actually connected to anything. Can anyone send me a picture of what this looks like when it's properly assembled? It does not appear to me that the nylon bracket on the adjuster fits the hole in the headlight bucket, but I don't see that anything is missing when I look at the parts breakdown in my manual...

adjuster.jpgheadlight bucket opening.jpg

I don't have a photo but my vague recollection is that the nylon piece does not fit in a hole, but rather slides into a notch. I could be wrong, but look to see if that makes sense.

I don't have a photo but my vague recollection is that the nylon piece does not fit in a hole, but rather slides into a notch. I could be wrong, but look to see if that makes sense.

Ok, I'll look again- that would make sense. Thanks, Paul!

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner!!! Of course it was Paul (Mr. K75).

The nylon clip goes through the hole where your arrow is, but then slides into the notch where, in the picture, you have a wire in there.

P1010797.jpgP1010798.jpgP1010799.jpg

:dance:dance:dance

P1010800.jpgP1010801.jpgP1010802.jpg

There are slots in the side of the nylon that slide over both sides of the notch. There is a ribbed center tab on the nylon that keeps the nylon locked to the notch. If it doesn't stay locked in, carefully bend the tab and hold it for awhile so that it has more pressure against the face of the notch.

:dance:dance:dance

Ok, thank you both! Especially for these pictures, Lee- very helpful to see how it fits together.

I did get this all back together, thank you again! In addition to this adjuster, I made several small repairs and adjustments to the instruments, handlebars, and fairing, while I was in there, so time well spent.

Back