Thread: K1600B Adding a Center Stand

K1600B Adding a Center Stand

I added the Center Stand to my Bagger last weekend. It took me about four hours because I had parts but no instructions. It was the first major work I have done on the bike, so I took more parts off the bike than I had to. After getting everything back together, I think the work could be done in an hour and a half, maybe two. I added the center stand mainly because I plan to do as much maintenance on the bike as I can, the center stand will make that service work easier.

How easy is it to get the bike up on the stand? I've ordered the stand for my 1600B.

Thanks.

Vic
    Carefree, AZ

Bagger Centerstand

Vic,

The center stand is shorter than most I have used, but with a little practice, no harder to use than those on my past bikes (all Hondas, ST1300, Valkyrie, CB900 Custom) I don't live too far if you would like to get a look at it, Surprise Arizona!

There's nothing "easy" about pivoting 750 lbs. Adjusting your technique will help but it'll never be easy. For more particulars go the K1600forum.com, there's a thread just on the Bagger center stands.
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

Bagger Centerstand

Vic,

Something I tried today while installing a garage door opener. Make sure the suspension preload is set for two-up. This jacks the back of the bike up just enough to make a real difference.

Hope this helps,

Tom

center stand

ordered my K1600B with a factory center stand. Dealer warned me it was a bear to lift. This bit of information is great to know.

Thanks Tom

This was invaluable info to me. Spent hours trying to figure out why i couldnt get it on center stand. Thanks Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by majortom View Post
    Vic,

Something I tried today while installing a garage door opener. Make sure the suspension preload is set for two-up. This jacks the back of the bike up just enough to make a real difference.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Drive the rear tire up on a piece of 3/4" plywood helps too. You ight want a piece under the side stand too if the bike leans way over.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!