• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New to BMWs from Southern Oregon

gymbo

Hi!

I am from Roseburg, OR....and after 20 years riding Honda ST1100's I bought a 2017 BMW R1200GS Adventure in May and couldn't be happier.

I have 8300 miles on it already and am growing to love it more each time I ride it.

When I first got it I found the engine noise at idle to be so different, espeically compared to the V4 Honda. It reminded me at idle reminded me of the motorcycle equivalent of a 12V Dodge Cummins. After riding it for a few months, the things that bothered me about it initially are a lot of what I enjoy. The sound of the engine....the slightly lumpy idle, the exhaust note...etc.

And at 6'6" I LOVE the legroom of the GSA.

2017%2011%20November%20024-222.JPG

I visited your part of the country with my dog, Barley, on my 9000 mile adventure from VT to the Salem rally. That stretch between you and Bandon was one of my favorite rides!

I visited your part of the country with my dog, Barley, on my 9000 mile adventure from VT to the Salem rally. That stretch between you and Bandon was one of my favorite rides!

Yes, Hwy 42 is a favorite! We are blessed with some great roads in this neck of the woods. You can't go wrong with any road between I-5 and the coast and I-5 to the the east over the Cascades...they all follow rivers and are awesome.

Hi gymbo, Welcome and you made a great choice going with BMW. Did you get your bike from Craig Hansen down Medford way?

Maybe we'll see you on the road some day. You ever hit the Sugar Shack in Reedsport? I've been going there for 36 years and it hasn't killed me yet.

James - Florence

Hi gymbo, Welcome and you made a great choice going with BMW. Did you get your bike from Craig Hansen down Medford way?

Maybe we'll see you on the road some day. You ever hit the Sugar Shack in Reedsport? I've been going there for 36 years and it hasn't killed me yet.

James - Florence

I bought it at Vancouver BMW north of Portland but had the 6K service done at Hansen's. The Hansen's are great people. Never been to the Sugar Shack. I do go over to Winchester Bay to get oysters! Give a holler if you're ever over this way.

Last edited:
Back