• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Park-n-Move by Legal Speeding

stogey

Does anyone have any experience with the Park-n-Move by Legal Speeding?
I'm looking for something to easily move my bike around the garage (that is, I have a 2+ car garage, and need to put the ride against a wall so we can park two vehicles in the garage - especially on bad weather days).

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

Here's a link for clarification or interest:
http://www.legalspeeding.com/Park-n-Move.htm#.WgnHJ1WnGUk

Welcome to the forum! Check some of the threads in the Similar Thread pane at the bottom of the screen. Looks like there's been some discussions in the past.

Sounds like we have a similar garage set up.
I looked at them and my opinion is they are pretty expensive for what they actually do. I have heard that getting the bike off of it is more of a challenge that getting it on. The bike tends to move the dolly. Also if your garage floor is not very smooth, the wheels will jam in the crack and over goes your bike.
For me, its not a big deal to jockey the bike against the wall.

Joe

Stogie, I've got one but rarely use it. As was mentioned, it is a bit difficult getting back off and I find that it must be used slowly as it is just a little less stable than I'd like to be 100% relaxed - the wheels/base would need to be wider (too much so) for me to be completely relaxed.

I too find that I can park my bike very close to the wall (right side of the bike against the wall) and then once on the centre-stand wiggle/walk it into position quicker than using the Park-n-Ride. If I am going to be needing to move a bike around the garage on a regular to semi-regular basis (not riding it just moving it) than I have and would use my Park-n-Ride for that.

I bought one at the Long Beach show a couple years ago, decided it wasn’t for me so gave it away
FYI my garage floor isn’t smooth so I had the same bad feelings as previous poster

If you are still interested in one, why not pm the posters who are not satisfied with their's and possible free up one of their garages of an unused item. That's how I acquired my Kermit chair. :thumb

I had three at one point; small garage at the time. I have much more space now so I sold two. They worked well for me.

I have one and use it for my RT. It works as advertised but do agree one should be careful when wheeling the bike around with the device underneath. I do have a very smooth garage floor which also is sloped front to back so moving it downhill is very easy and uphill is possible but not a lot of fun. More than once I forgot to use the wheel locks after parking it at the back (top) of the garage and later chased it towards the garage door.

:eek :wow :eek

I have two and use one form R1200R and the other for my 1986 R80. I like them as it allows me to move one or both bikes very close to the wall and free up working space. Moderate hand pressure on the back of the R1200 allows me to balance the bike on the park and ride so I can easily move sideways. I have only two cautions:

1) When putting the bile on the park and move, make sure it's aligned with the center stand tang so that the tang does not foul the left rear caster.
2) Lock the casters when you go to roll the bike off of the park and move.

Past discussions

Welcome to the forum! Check some of the threads in the Similar Thread pane at the bottom of the screen. Looks like there's been some discussions in the past.

"Past" being the operative word. None of the discussions (I could find) are newer than 2012.

Wasn't trying to offend the forum police by bringing up a topic that was already discussed, my assumption was that within the past five years folks have aggregated a few opinions of these type of devices that are no longer consistent with the initial shiny new toy.

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?63900-The-Park-n-Move-dolly-from-Legal-Speeding

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?55555-Park-n-Move

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?51987-Park-amp-Move

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?42389-Park-N-Move

Off loading

Sounds like we have a similar garage set up.
I looked at them and my opinion is they are pretty expensive for what they actually do. I have heard that getting the bike off of it is more of a challenge that getting it on. The bike tends to move the dolly. Also if your garage floor is not very smooth, the wheels will jam in the crack and over goes your bike.
For me, its not a big deal to jockey the bike against the wall.

Joe

Interesting, I had an image in my mind that looked like a demonstration of Newton's third law (that is pushing the bike expecting the center stand to collapse and watching the toy rush the opposite direction while balancing 500 pounds of awesome). :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Wiggle/Walk

Stogie, I've got one but rarely use it. As was mentioned, it is a bit difficult getting back off and I find that it must be used slowly as it is just a little less stable than I'd like to be 100% relaxed - the wheels/base would need to be wider (too much so) for me to be completely relaxed.

I too find that I can park my bike very close to the wall (right side of the bike against the wall) and then once on the centre-stand wiggle/walk it into position quicker than using the Park-n-Ride. If I am going to be needing to move a bike around the garage on a regular to semi-regular basis (not riding it just moving it) than I have and would use my Park-n-Ride for that.

Agree, the 'wiggle-walk' technique is an adequate method - I figured I'd ask around and see if there's something 'else' to this fancy wizardry.
Thanks for the opinion.

Looks like Redline also makes some - looks like they have both theirs and Park N Move's.

I have often thought of finding a metal shop that could easily make the 4 bends in a decent piece of steel and then just attaching some heavy duty castors.

Aerostich also makes one. It is even a little more money but I do believe it is built better than the Park & Move. The stitch is rated to 1000 lbs. I believe Redlines are rated to 500lbs, not sure on the P&M.

Amazon has a version (I think Venom brand) that is quite a bit less (think $90) but gets mixed reviews, especially with heavy bikes.

I tend to agree that most of these seem like a lot of money but I do believe that spending more here gets you a better product.

Hard to imagine something made better than a P&M; it’s basically a hunk of steel. The only parts that seem they could fail are the casters. Mine have lasted about eight years with moderate use. I don’t recall the weight rating, but my 640 pound FJR is sitting on my P&M at this moment.

Yep, the Park & Move is built to last and works as advertised. Never regretted the purchase. Pictured below is my RT enduring some maintenance by me while resting on the P&M (yellow). Able to push the bike out to work on it for a while - then move it out of the way for another day without having to button up:

IMG_2101.jpg

Last edited:
Aerostich also makes one. It is even a little more money but I do believe it is built better than the Park & Move. The stitch is rated to 1000 lbs. I believe Redlines are rated to 500lbs, not sure on the P&M.

Amazon has a version (I think Venom brand) that is quite a bit less (think $90) but gets mixed reviews, especially with heavy bikes.

I tend to agree that most of these seem like a lot of money but I do believe that spending more here gets you a better product.

You should also look at https://www.dynamotousa.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of the P & M. I use a ratchet strap to lock the center stand in the unfolded position to make sure that it doesn't fold up if the P & M hits a rock, a bump or a groove in the concrete floor. When I pull into the garage, I ride the front wheel up onto a stack of magazines that I've duct taped into a single unit. That makes it easier to put the bike onto the center stand.

With the strap locking the center stand I don't worry about it falling off the stand.

I place a piece of wood that is three sided (in the shape of an equilateral triangle when viewed from the end) against the wheels to keep it from moving when I take it off the center stand. I find it easier than locking and unlocking the wheels.

Back