• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Florida Keys trip this winter

freeriders

Hey all,

My wife and I both ride GS's and this winter we wanted to rent and ride from Tampa or Ft. Meyers area down through the length of the Keys. Suggestions for rentals and/or places to stay and see? My wife would love to find her beloved F700gs to rent.

Thanks from the Colorado Rockies,

Don & Mary

Hope you aren’t expecting it to be put back together again by then. That will take considerable time. It will be doable but there will still be plenty of storm evidence depending on where you venture.

The Keys are a mess. Most of the major resorts (Cheeca Lodge, Moorings, Chesapeake, The Islander ocean side, La Siesta) in Islamorada won't open until the summer of 2018 as they got destroyed. Hawks Cay on Duck Key is closed as well. Key Largo and Key West are open for business but everything in between is a crapshoot... Some mom and pop places are open but may have limited services. One place I know in Islamorada is open but the pool and docks are gone. Call the Islamorada or Marathon Chambers of commerce for the latest info.
Until last year, I lived in the Keys for 27 years and all my friends down there are in the need of tourism but it is rough going at the moment..:cry

Hey all,

My wife and I both ride GS's and this winter we wanted to rent and ride from Tampa or Ft. Meyers area down through the length of the Keys. Suggestions for rentals and/or places to stay and see? My wife would love to find her beloved F700gs to rent.

Thanks from the Colorado Rockies,

Don & Mary

Plan B: cruise the Gulf coast. I have no idea about how hammered they are, but my understanding is that from roughly Naples south it's Not Good. Further north there was less damage. The Gulf Coast has a lot of neat places both along the coast and inland, too. IMHO the Palm Beach area and above is... not worth the effort. BTDT, avoid it except to see friends in Wellington, west of WPB.

Back