• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'92 K75S Replacing Fuel Hoses

WooDmEn

1992 K75S:

I need to change the fuel injection hoses on these bikes. One hose, the one that goes from the front of the tank and crosses to the right in front of the air box, that hose (apparently) connects to the fuel pressure regulator that seems to be hidden between the injector throttle bodies on the left and the air box and mass airflow sensor on the other side.

HOW do I go about accessing the fuel pressure regulator to change hoses? If I have to remove the air box, I fear disturbing the mass airflow sensor and stuff. :banghead

Roger, that is how you do it. I am not aware of a shortcut. As Jim Bob told Voni as she was belted into his car for a demolition derby run, "be brave little buckaroo."

Roger,

Remove fuel tank.

Remove air filter.

From the top of the bike, sight down between the wires and the center top frame rail. Locate the 2 1/2" hose clamp that holds the 90 degree hose to the back of the plenum over the throttlebodies. Loosen that clamp alot with a long screwdriver.

Pull upper section of air cleaner box away from bike, taking care not to crack/tear the 2 1/2" hose (it's thin and could be brittle. The air meter is in the upper section of the airbox and is connected to the bike by the wiring harness. Just swing it aside and tie it up to the bike.

Remove the two bolts in the bottom of the bottom of the air cleaner box that hold it to the bike. Don't loose the two washers that go between the airbox and the block.

Use the factory molded hose for the hose between the regulator and the tank:
13 31 1 461 011 HOSE $32.84
Bulk hose in this location will tend to kink. Bulk FUEL INJECTION RATED hose can be used for fuel rail to regulator and from tank to fuel rail. Now is also the time to replace the vacuum hose from the throttlebodies to the regulator (don't forget to put it inside the anti-kink spring). Just cut off the one time use crimp clamps and use regular hose clamps.

Be VERY careful when reattaching the 2 1/2" hose to the plenum. If it is not securely attached or gets a tear in it, your bike will not run. Insure that the screw on the clamp is easily accessable from above (for next time).

If you are going to be doing the hoses inside the tank, they MUST be rated SUBMERSIBLE.
BMW has this: 16 12 1 180 040 FUEL HOSE $30.75. The piece is just long enough to replace the inside tank hoses (about 13" IIRC). Or https://www.amazon.com/Brand-Flexib...TF8&qid=1510417160&sr=8-4&keywords=sae+30r10#

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Back