Thread: Denali Cansmart vs Hex ezCan- accessory power controllers

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

Cool Denali Cansmart vs Hex ezCan- accessory power controllers

I haven't used either of these....only read about them here on the forum. Being an old direct to the battery guy, seemed interesting especially since it showed controlling functions with the "Wonder Wheel".
    Perhaps this video from Twisted Throttle will help others that are unfamiliar with this kind of accessory hookup.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

2. 02-01-2018, 01:39 AM

I have two ezCANs and think they are the catís pajamas. I believe the Denali version is licensed by Hexcode, the makers of the exCAN. The Denali version sells for more and has an added function, the nature of which escapes me at the moment.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I have two ezCANs and think they are the catís pajamas. I believe the Denali version is licensed by Hexcode, the makers of the exCAN. The Denali version sells for more and has an added function, the nature of which escapes me at the moment.
    That's correct, my understanding from the Hexcode ezCAN tech that was at Ted Porter's booth at the SLC Rally is that this is their (Hexcode's) first foray into rebranding their product for someone else and they're excited about it.

IIRC, there were two things the CANSmart initally did above and beyond the ezCAN and that is now down to one with the new version of the ezCAN (v2 - brought out just after the CANSmart release).

The original ezCAN had leads with two wires and provided a "work-around" for accessories requiring three-wire leads. that issue was resolved with the release of both the CANSmart and ezCAN v2.

The only other difference from what I understand, is that the CANSmart comes with Denali specific plug-ends, making it quicker to hookup Denali accessories.
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - MOA Charter Club #097, BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: '14 R1200RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

1 difference is that the Denali CANsmart has the connectors already attached to connect to their lights , horn, and brake light simplifying installation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk