• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Des Moines Beer Garden

Historically we have had an IPA {but not TOO hoppy}, a wheat, an amber { like a Killian} and a stout or porter.

Excellent!
Currently sipping a pale ale that is brewed by the owner at Sazerac bar in Lavrio, Greece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hope the selection is better than SLC. While I know that was not the club's doing, there is nothing more satisfying than a (proper) cold beer after a day of exploring

Suggestions

MAD DOG here

Ok...All you locals around Iowa...I have the lists from the distributors, with all of the craft beers that they carry.

So let me know what you think are good local craft beers. It will all be kegged. So don't worry about Fredericksberg, where we had Lone Star in cans LOL

MAD DOG

2018 Des Moines Beer Garden Chair:drink

Confluence Pils

I hear there's a Czech Pils ( Over the Ivy) at Confluence Brewery. :brad

From web site:
Imagine a perfect summer day at the ballpark... the smell of freshly cut grass, peanut shells on the ground, a hot dog in your hand and the company of good friends. At the crack of a bat, a thousand voices rise in excitement, and as the ball clears the wall, the crowd erupts in celebration. We crafted this pilsener in honor of those perfect moments. This beer takes a little longer to make than most, but its crisp and refreshing taste makes it a perfect pairing for long-awaited victories

Toppling Goliath in Decorah is also highly rated. I might take an afternoon to go check it out if anyone wants to join me?

volunteering

Hey Mad Dog,
I am available to work the 6pm - close shift on Wednesday, and other shifts as needed.
I sent you a message but don't know if you got it.
Please try and confirm when you get the chance.

Toppling Goliath in Decorah is also highly rated. I might take an afternoon to go check it out if anyone wants to join me?

That will be one of my stops the Tuesday before the rally as Glenlivet and I drop down from Wisconsin. After celebrating his birthday with his littermates (eleven 2 year old golden retrievers) I'm hoping to put a few brews in the cooler for later!

Pete

We’ll see where I am on Tuesday for Toppling Goliath and I’m booked to pour for the early shift on Wednesday.

Beer Garden Volunteers

Morning everyone !

We are currently light on sign-ups for our shifts. Please contact Paul at 2018volunteers@bmwmoa.org or as soon as you get to the rally, at the volunteer table.

Remember, fewer workers means longer, thirsty lines for your favorite beverage.
Thank you.

MAD DOG
2018 Des Moines Beer Garden Chair:drink

Beer Selections

The beer has been ordered!!!

Bud, Bud Lite, Amber Bock, Belgium Wheat, and 2 from a craft called Court Avenue: Honest Lawyer IPA, and Blackhawk Stout

The beer must flow!

MAD DOG
2018 Des Moines Rally BG Chair:drink

Bud, Bud Lite, Amber Bock, Belgium Wheat, and 2 from a craft called Court Avenue: Honest Lawyer IPA, and Blackhawk Stout

The beer must flow!

MAD DOG

Good to hear Jim!

Our Beer Garden Volunteers are beginning to signup. The Wisconsin Club has take over one complete shift. If any other club would like to do the same, please :type contact me.

For those who are still wondering about volunteering at the Beer Garden, at this time, there are still some open volunteer positions. Don't miss out; get your name in soon. :twirl

Beer

The beer must flow!

MAD DOG

IMHO a crappy selection of beers , when bud or bud light are your 2 best choices, at least I will save money in the beer tent.

Back