• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Des Moines Beer Garden

Being a Certified Cicerone beer is my thing. I truly hope you will be searching out some local breweries for supply. Wisconsin is next door but New Glarus still might not give you any.

I'm sure I can off up a shift:brad

In the past it was 4-8 on Thursday. I haven't read on the list about this year.

MAD DOG here:

If no one has contacted Paul Ruffell, it is not in place. i would suggest that someone contact him at moa2018volunteers@gmail.com to "book" that time, with an estimate of volunteers. That can be firmed up later.

It is not too soon for ALL groups to get their historic time slots.

MAD DOG
2018 Rally Beer Garden Chair " The beer must flow":drink

I'm signed up to pour on Wednesday, I just want to say I hope to see all craft beers on tap and none of the big guys who don't give a damn about the MOA or anything else that doesn't relate directly to their out of country bottom line and profits.

...oh are you in for a surprise. Last I've known of, nobody big or small (beer guys) gives a hoot about anybody or the MOA...
it's all about the dollar brother!

"travel'n" john

Beer Selection

You will still see a "big guy" on tap, regular and light. This is done for price segmenting as well as preference. There will be 4 "crafts" but be aware that when we have SHOCK TOP for the wheat that it is owned by...BUD. {Which is now AMBEV}. Not always easy to get away from the elephants in the room.

MAD DOG
2018 Des Moines Beer Garden Chair:drink

Oh I know the game very well, I was the 14th Certified Cicerone in Canada, 1st east of Montreal. I have spent a LOT of time studying everything to do with beer.

It's not hard to move dedicated Bud Light drinkers to a nice light craft beer offering if you only have that to give them and you give them some good information on what it is and why they should be drinking it.

AB InBev and Coors are very good at offering up "crafty" beers with nothing to tell the consumer who they're giving their $$ to. Besides their dedicated brands such as Blue Moon and Shock Top they are buying up many craft breweries and selling only under the original name. Think Goose Island and Elysian. The world of beer is getting hazier and hazier in North America.

Yes the little guys are also out to make $$ and they deserve to make a living. In my experience they happily support events in their local areas as it generates good will and likely more supporters who will drink their beer which is great for keeping the $$ in the local area and for providing jobs in the same local areas. If local events buy the beer to sell at such events it puts more $$ in the pockets of local business.

Before I volunteer is tipping the capital of china or a donation to the local wayward ladies home? ( wayward person more politically correct)

All tips will be donated to the Home for the mother of the unknown sailor.

Hey hey hey!

MAD DOG here!

Just got confirmation that the MOA {and mad dog] will be in control of the biergarten for the 2018 rally!

So...get your schedules out, and plan to help out at the happiest place at the rally.

I'M BACK!!! tHE BEER MUST FLOW!!!

MAD dOG:drink 2018 Beer Garden Chair

Mad dawg and the beer garden back again the way it should be. I leave the flow of Beer in your capable hands.

Craft Beers

MD here.

Am in contact with the vendor that the MOA will be working with and will sort out the selections soon. Historically we have had an IPA {but not TOO hoppy}, a wheat, an amber { like a Killian} and a stout or porter. {We had a chocolate porter a few years back that went over well. Tasted a lot like chocolate milk, so everyone had it for brunch! LOL}

MAD DOG
2018 Des Moines BG Chair
"The beer must flow":drink

Back