• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Des Moines Beer Garden

MADDOG

Hey hey hey!

MAD DOG here!

Just got confirmation that the MOA {and mad dog] will be in control of the biergarten for the 2018 rally!

So...get your schedules out, and plan to help out at the happiest place at the rally.

I'M BACK!!! tHE BEER MUST FLOW!!!

MAD dOG:drink 2018 Beer Garden Chair

Does this mean there will be some good dark beers, a rich porter or a nice chocolate stout?
:drink:beer

Best,
DG

Research is in the beginning stages (burp!):beer. Stay tuned to this channel for further developments and information.:bar

Beer

The rally is in Iowa get Natural Light ( natty lite) and Stag so people will have something to complain about:hungover

Very Cool! The happiest place in MOA land is open again! Sign me up!

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

coke vs beer ?

Just got confirmation that the MOA will be in control of the biergarten for the 2018 rally!

I've been to rallies where my "free drink "coupon was good for a coke.
I've been to rallies where I could not get a coke with said coupon.
As a non-drinker, my question is.......May I get a coke with my coupon.
No smart remarks please.
Just a yes or no.
max

I've been to rallies where my "free drink "coupon was good for a coke.
I've been to rallies where I could not get a coke with said coupon.
As a non-drinker, my question is.......May I get a coke with my coupon.
No smart remarks please.
Just a yes or no.
max

NOT trying to be a wise guy, but I think anyone would trade you for cash in any event!

I'm Back too!

Hey hey hey!

MAD DOG here!

Just got confirmation that the MOA {and mad dog] will be in control of the biergarten for the 2018 rally!

So...get your schedules out, and plan to help out at the happiest place at the rally.

I'M BACK!!! tHE BEER MUST FLOW!!!

MAD dOG:drink 2018 Beer Garden Chair

I'll be there, so count on me for a shift. Hopefully an early one.

Al Hennigan

It's growing. There are 5 breweries in the downtown area and 10 more in the metro area. The Iowa Taproom (pictured above) is a restaurant that has 120 taps of Iowa only beer. Nationally acclaimed El Bait Shop has 222 taps (with more on the way) and a large selection of bottles. Pretty much, if it's available in Iowa, Bait Shop has it.

Biergarten volunteers

Good day MOA!

Ok! We are now officially taking volunteers. As always, 4 hour shifts. 2 on Wed {2pm to 10pm}, and 3 on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. when we are open Noon to Midnight!

Paul Ruffell and I will co-ordinate. He is chairing volunteers again at moa2018volunteers@gmail.com.

I can be reached at fauchersj@charter.net. or 508.729.3325.

So for all of you out there that have favorite shifts as a group or individually, send those cards and letters in ASAP.

And REMEMBER... if you sign up for Sat 4-8, you won't have to sit through the award ceremony. We take everyone's name and send a rep to the ceremony, as you will then be "present" to win a prize.

We're getting close!

MAD DOG
2018 Des Moines Beer Garden Chair:drink

As "Mad Dog" said, if you want a coveted shift at the Beer Garden", get your request in early.

Please email me with your preferred day and shift. We will need a skeleton shift for Wednesday afternoon/evening, as well as the regular, busier shifts on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Please let me know if you wish an afternoon or evening time.

We are looking for folks to cover the Wednesday 2:00 - 6:00 p.m and 6:00 - 10:00 pm. shifts, the Thursday, Friday and Saturday's shifts (noon - 4:00 p.m, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. & 8:00 - midnight)

Don't be disappointed; contact me now, with the preferred shifts, email and cell #!

Last edited:
Tipping

Before I volunteer is tipping the capital of china or a donation to the local wayward ladies home? ( wayward person more politically correct)

Back