Thread: Seahawks uniforms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seahawks uniforms

I do not normally follow football but:

Did any of you see the Seahawks uniforms? I thought the BMW MOA had fielded a team

I do hate to see fluorescent green become a fashion color. As people get used to seeing it, it reduces the effectiveness of it when riding.

Rod

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Seahawk uniforms

If they MOA ever did field a NFL team, there would be 8 people on the field with 4,000 more arguing on the sidelines about who was more qualified to be on the team.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    If they MOA ever did field a NFL team, there would be 8 people on the field with 4,000 more arguing on the sidelines about who was more qualified to be on the team.

Friedle
    Now I have the clean the screen.

So true

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post

Friedle
    Would this team have a "mission statement"?
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
    I do not normally follow football but:

Did any of you see the Seahawks uniforms? I thought the BMW MOA had fielded a team

I do hate to see fluorescent green become a fashion color. As people get used to seeing it, it reduces the effectiveness of it when riding.

Rod
    I think you have a point.......to an extent. It looks like all personnel that are doing road work will be moving to lime green and then to lime green with the reflective stripes. There is plenty of workers here in the north-east in the lime green now. It's pretty visible- especially when they are in their cars commuting to and from work
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Did the Seahawks play? I quit following NFL because of the protests.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by daboo View Post
    Did the Seahawks play? I quit following NFL because of the protests.

Chris
    Yeah they did, along with the rest of the NFL not on a bye-week.

It appeared teams cleaned up their acts due to it being Veteran's Day weekend.

But that level of mature behavior won't last.

You might want to continue your boycott.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

Two 49ers players and one Giants player couldn't find it in themselves to honor the veterans for one day.

I used to be a rabid Seahawks fan. Not anymore. And each week has gotten easier to leave the NFL off and do something else. I gain a lot of hours I used to lose to football.

Some things that I really wonder about:
    • What's the end game? When do they declare they've either made or failed in their goals? If this is like solving world hunger...will they ever ever show respect for the flag and the national anthem ever again?
    • The NFL has fined players for wearing pink cleats for promoting cancer awareness and for "excessive" celebration. It's obvious they were willing to take action then. So why did they chose to do nothing about disrespecting the flag and anthem? Or is the NFL Commissioner against the national anthem and flag after all? Their actions when they take it, and lack of action speak volumes.
    • What about Michael Bennett? He claimed he was racially profiled. What a joke. From what I can tell, He hid till the cops showed up then bolted to set up the cops. The body cam footage I saw showed some cops moving through probably a hundred blacks, whites and Hispanics trying to get everyone to safety peacefully and calmly. IMO, he probably thinks what he did was justified...but he also could've ruined an officer's career (and his family's support) by his lawsuit. A millionaire snowflake with a cause who will stoop to lying to promote his cause. But hey...the ends justify the means.

Short bunny trial follows...I used to watch a Sci-Fi series called Babylon 5. Excellent plot line. Great acting. Great character development. I liked it enough that my family bought the entire DVD collection for me. I really enjoyed that...till I came to one of the special episodes where you could hear the character's comments. It totally turned me off. Their character they portrayed on the screen was far better than who they really were in person. I feel that is what is happening on the NFL. You could marvel over the players doing some great and outstanding things...but then they opened their mouths and revealed who they really were.
    Chris

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by daboo View Post
    Two 49ers players and one Giants player couldn't find it in themselves to honor the veterans for one day.

I used to be a rabid Seahawks fan. Not anymore. And each week has gotten easier to leave the NFL off and do something else. I gain a lot of hours I used to lose to football.

Some things that I really wonder about:
    • What's the end game? When do they declare they've either made or failed in their goals? If this is like solving world hunger...will they ever ever show respect for the flag and the national anthem ever again?
    • The NFL has fined players for wearing pink cleats for promoting cancer awareness and for "excessive" celebration. It's obvious they were willing to take action then. So why did they chose to do nothing about disrespecting the flag and anthem? Or is the NFL Commissioner against the national anthem and flag after all? Their actions when they take it, and lack of action speak volumes.
    • What about Michael Bennett? He claimed he was racially profiled. What a joke. From what I can tell, He hid till the cops showed up then bolted to set up the cops. The body cam footage I saw showed some cops moving through probably a hundred blacks, whites and Hispanics trying to get everyone to safety peacefully and calmly. IMO, he probably thinks what he did was justified...but he also could've ruined an officer's career (and his family's support) by his lawsuit. A millionaire snowflake with a cause who will stoop to lying to promote his cause. But hey...the ends justify the means.

Short bunny trial follows...I used to watch a Sci-Fi series called Babylon 5. Excellent plot line. Great acting. Great character development. I liked it enough that my family bought the entire DVD collection for me. I really enjoyed that...till I came to one of the special episodes where you could hear the character's comments. It totally turned me off. Their character they portrayed on the screen was far better than who they really were in person. I feel that is what is happening on the NFL. You could marvel over the players doing some great and outstanding things...but then they opened their mouths and revealed who they really were.
    Chris
    So true.

Ah, the good old days, when athletes were defined by their talent - not their tongues.

But nowadays, anyone with a national spotlight, be it Hollyweird or sports, is instantly an 'expert' on social affairs, politics, the economy, etc. How remarkable and convenient.

Perhaps you're on to something - how much more could I get done on a weekend devoid of the NFL?!

Hmmmm................

Sidebar to our Canadian OP: Avoid any national sporting event while touring. Their foolishness is not what America is all about either.
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

I respond to this thread with some trepidation, but here I go. I do not dispute that our nation was built by many who lived lives of hard work, respect for others and sacrifice, nor do I believe any group or class can lay claim to being a superior American or citizen. I do believe it is appropriate for our nation to recognize those who served in our armed forces and sacrificed time with their families, their health and in many cases their lives while doing so. I was fortunate to live, work and fight with some of the finest men and women in our nation during my twenty-five years in the Regular Army. I worked with three Rhodes Scholars and innumerable teenagers straight out of high school. I learned that it is impossible to predict who will exhibit extraordinary loyalty, honor, courage and selfless service by anything other than character; the sort of character that rises to the surface when one is afraid at 3 in the morning and not sure where the threat is. God help us when we run out of the sort of young men and women who are willing serve in such conditions, or when we feel it inappropriate to single them out for the recognition and respect they deserve.

As to showing respect for our national flag and anthem, I can see no relevance to how Lincoln or Roosevelt behaved. Both men behaved as the customs of their time dictated and I believe in this time they would pay the customary respect to the flag and anthem. The custom now is well established and easily understood.

The act of kneeling by the players is intended to bring attention to the injustice of police brutality towards people of color. I agree that such brutality takes place, but I do not agree that the players are doing anything to help change the problem. There is a time and place for everything and a venue that presents itself as for families is not the place. On the list of problems requiring attention in our urban minority communities police shootings and unwarranted police violence do not rise to the top of the list. Certainly inner-racial murders, illegal drugs, lack of education, lack of jobs, astronomical numbers of children born out marriage or a stable relationship, gangs and single moms raising children are all issues causing more pain and suffering and warrant more attention. There are statistics that indicate that police shootings are distributed among the races as can be predicted by who is committing the crimes. Lies, damn lies and statistics, I know, but my point is that I would be more sympathetic to the players cause if they were attacking the real issues in their communities that are killing the young.

So why are so many of us upset by what we consider the disrespect being shown by the players? As with most public issues the position of both sides gets boiled down to platitudes. One such example in this case is that the protesters are showing disrespect for veterans. The reasoning is that they are failing to show the customary respect for our national flag and anthem and by extension showing the same disrespect for the veterans who made all that the flag and anthem purport to represent possible. You may not agree with this line of reasoning, but many do, and I think it is sound. Iím a vet and on a personal level I donít give a hoot what these knuckleheads think or do. I am, however pissed by their behavior. They have dragged the people who like to watch the games with their families and children into a political maelstrom. One can deride and belittle those who like to spectate at sports, but it is viewed by many as a way to share a common experience with friends, family and especially children and to create a bond. Call it pabulum if you so desire, but I see nothing wrong with it, and the protesting players have diminished the experience. Were these same players to protest on their own time it would seem much more credible to me. My ardor for pro football faded long ago. In my case it was due to the thuggish behavior of players both on and off the field. What is worse is that the protests are doing nothing to change anything for the better. It has become a pissing contest in which no one will make a positive change, no one will win and the country will have yet another divisive issue.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Thank you, Kevin.

Chris

Thumbs up

All past and future responses to this thread pale in comparison to the succinct and inspiring words you penned, Mr. Huddy.

To merely say 'Kudos' seems woefully inadequate.

While it is in the nature of this forum for your post to be dissected and disputed, let me say that I admire the time, effort and intellectuality you infused into what you wrote.

You get it, and well represented the many of us who 'get' it as well.

Few if any will change their opinion based on how you summarized this contentious issue, but for those of us who think as you do, you certainly phrased our thoughts with honor.

Thank you.