Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tire Repair and Air Pump

What ever pump you decide to carry check it once in awhile to make sure it functions. My Best Rest switch failed somewhere
    alone the way and only by chance did I find this out. I bypassed switch and have never have needed the pump since.
    Tyre repair kits are like fire extinguishers, you may never use it but if the need arises you certainly want it to work.
    Nealy says their ropes are good for 10 years... how old are yours???

Quote Originally Posted by mrzoom View Post
    What ever pump you decide to carry check it once in awhile to make sure it functions. My Best Rest switch failed somewhere
    alone the way and only by chance did I find this out. I bypassed switch and have never have needed the pump since.
    Tyre repair kits are like fire extinguishers, you may never use it but if the need arises you certainly want it to work.
    Nealy says their ropes are good for 10 years... how old are yours???
    Call them, they will repair or replace, great customer service

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    In the specifics of tire plugging, I have the regular and truck size kit from Safety Seal-

https://nslsales.com/catalog/index.p...ndex&cPath=1_2

Many regular repairs including "you can't patch that hole" repairs

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Two things come to mind with this thread
    My buddy picked up his new RT last year, riding home less than 10 miles from dealer on new bike picked up a piece of rebar in rear tire, dash warning went from yellow to red in 30 seconds, scratch one new PR4
    Other is platinum membership with MOA, extended towing and free tire replacement

Howdy,
    Aerostich compact pump and Dyna Plugs. The thing I like about the Dyna Plugs is there's no concern about them drying out or getting funky as the adhesive ages. Yes, I'm lazy and could check and replace the adhesive style as needed but I'm old.
    Later,
    Norm

Dynaplug new Micro Pro Model - Recommended

Recently purchased and highly recommend Dynaplug's new Micro Pro model. I replaced a BestRest inflator that I used for several years, and still works (and is excellent also - just larger). The advantage of the Micro Pro is that it is tiny, and comes in a small zippered case with enough add'l room to store a tubeless tire repair kit (I also carry the Dynaplug version) and a small set of pliers (recommend KNIPEX 87 01 125 Cobra pliers though they are expensive) and a pencil-type gauge, and multi-tool. Net is, this entire kit fits in my riding coat pocket. This is useful if you are riding a bike without panniers / storage.

The BestRest inflator is faster at inflating, from my experience (actually compared them in the garage filling tires from 20 -> 42 lbs) than the Dynaplug Micro Pro, but not much (took an add'l minute or so).

$59 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Dynaplug-Ultr...70_&dpSrc=srch

Also worth noting the BMW MOA membership tire insurance program, which I have also used and recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by seanka106 View Post
    The pump is on sale for $40 through Sunday night in the Vendor section of ADV.
    You probably need to sign in or register to see the Vendor forum.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...-live.1266251/

If you miss the sale you can order it from this thread for $50.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...e-now.1148145/

I like how you can check the pressure without removing the pump from the valve stem.

Here's a pic of my Moto Pump next to my Slime pump.
    Slime & AirShot MotoPump (2).jpg

Slime & AirShot MotoPump (1).jpg
    Last edited by Lee; 11-11-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I keep a tire repair kit that includes Dynaplugs and the sticky "rope style" of plug. I started including the latter after a trip with my riding buddy on the Cherohala Skyway in NC/TN a few years ago. Half way across, he started to feel his back end wobble on his FJR and this is what he discovered as it started to rain (obviously, he was not pleased; try and guess what fingers these were) In this instance, the rope style saved the day. As close as these three holes were, you never would have gotten a Dynaplug or a mushroom-style of plug to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2016 R1200GSW

I love your tag line!
    Ed Apelian
    When Life Throws You a Curve Lean into it!
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    The OP never checked back in so not sure if he made a decision yet but BestRest is running a promo at 30% off next week.

Thanksgiving Sale
    Starts Wednesday morning - Ends Sunday evening
    30% OFF
    We're posting this in advance, letting you know that we'll be running a sale on almost EVERYTHING in the store. To get these deals you need to use a special coupon code. If you don't use the code, you won't get the discount. And that code is... drumroll...

"Thanksgiving 2017"

Easy-peasy, right? Enter the code when you place your online order. If you call to order, tell us you want the Thanksgiving sale price. If we're not in the store when you call then we can't give you the sale price. A phone message won't trigger the discount. We strongly recommend you place your order online. You'll get 30% off everything EXCEPT Metal Mule and MotoPockets. Limited to stock on hand, no rain checks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    The OP never checked back in so not sure if he made a decision yet but BestRest is running a promo at 30% off next week.

Thanksgiving Sale
    Starts Wednesday morning - Ends Sunday evening
    30% OFF
    We're posting this in advance, letting you know that we'll be running a sale on almost EVERYTHING in the store. To get these deals you need to use a special coupon code. If you don't use the code, you won't get the discount. And that code is... drumroll...

"Thanksgiving 2017"

Easy-peasy, right? Enter the code when you place your online order. If you call to order, tell us you want the Thanksgiving sale price. If we're not in the store when you call then we can't give you the sale price. A phone message won't trigger the discount. We strongly recommend you place your order online. You'll get 30% off everything EXCEPT Metal Mule and MotoPockets. Limited to stock on hand, no rain checks.
    LOL.... was just going to post the same as I got that e-mail as well. Was just not quick enough but that does sound like a good deal on a premium pump.
    Ed Apelian
    When Life Throws You a Curve Lean into it!
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze