• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Long Legs on a 2003 BMW K1200RS

3131bike

Hello, I just purchased a 2003 BMW K1200RS and have experience discomfort with my long legs. I am over 6 feet tall and long legs. Will lowering my pegs 1.5 " help significantly. Ain't young either! Trying to decide whether to keep or trade.

Do you have the seat in the upper of the two positions? Pegs in the lower of the two positions? That helps a great deal and should be your first option. Peg lowering kits are available, but my experience is that the RS/GT bikes are already a bit short on cornering clearance and lowered pegs just amplify that issue. Secondly, while it seems counter-intuitive a set of bar risers/setbacks may do more to ease your discomfort than peg lowering, and without stealing cornering clearance.

I’m 6-2, 34” inseam, and not a small person and managed to find enough comfort for 1k days on my 2004 GT, which came OEM with taller bars than your RS but the same peg setup. IMHO, check all your existing setup and adjustment options before you dive into speedy peg lowering kits.

Good luck,
DG

Last edited:
You can ride with your feet on the passenger pegs for long periods. This option gives you four positions.

If the aforementioned adjustments are not enough, consider a custom seat that allows you to sit a bit further back, and maybe a bit higher.

Hello, I just purchased a 2003 BMW K1200RS and have experience discomfort with my long legs. I am over 6 feet tall and long legs. Will lowering my pegs 1.5 " help significantly. Ain't young either! Trying to decide whether to keep or trade.

Thanks DG, We are about the same size and I will take your advice and check my present setting. The seat is in the high position. Thanks again, JPV

Back