• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2008 RTP Seat To RT double seat?

woody99

Hi; What is involved in changing a 2008 Police RTP seat to a regular RT double seat , anyone have an Answer? thanks Woody

Woody99 - I looked at the Max BMW Parts Fiche for seat parts. It seems that there are a bunch of parts on your bike which essentially substitute for the front of the pillion seat on a non-RTP bike. Here's a photo of the parts:

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 6.08.41 PM.jpg

Undoubtedly you're familiar with them. As I recall from my now-gone 2008 RT, the key to the bike was inserted to the rear of the pillion seat. I guess the job would entail replacing some body parts, etc. to replicate the RT seat situation. Here's a link to the RT-P seat diagram:

https://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51560&rnd=07242017

Looks like you'd have to get rid of the radio box, get a pillion seat, and find a way to secure it. Seems like a lot of work.

Back