• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

austin, tx to los angeles and back leaving week of nov 27

gsadennis2015

had a great trip in sept thru midwest to duluth, then into canada, around lake superior and south to home. click avoid highways on google maps and you really get see america. not always the best weather, heat being the main problem. loved riding cooler miles in the rain. tune-up and warranty fork issue quickly and competently handled at friendly bak bmw in sioux city, iowa. 3910 trouble-free bmw miles.

heading west this time. leave after thanksgving. likely taking a warm route. 3 -5 days in los angeles and head back east to texas. want to come along or meet up along the way? i'm amenable to sharing motel costs. no camping. 350 - 500 miles a day. avoid freeways.

Bravo!!! Did this ride back in April from Los Angeles to Austin to watch the GP races at COTA. Took nothing but back roads. You'd be surprised how green and beautiful northern Arizona is. Try to stop in Jerome, AZ for some awesome views and good food. New Mexico is just meehh....nothing! Avoid Roswell if you can, it's an ugly city. Once in LA, definitely put Newcomb's Ranch on your to do list. The road up to NCR is riders paradise, 26+ miles of luscious canyon roads and awesome moto scene and food, too. Good luck and let me know if you need some good riding spots in Los Angeles. There are tons!!! Ride safe

Henry Salari
hsalari@gmail.com
818-949-8324

thank you, henry. i really appreciate hearing from you. i'm kinda familiar with la having lived there 35 years b4 moving to austin. heading back now for some catch-up and ocean viewing. you probably noticed tx is a bit arid. this will be my 3rd trip to california since getting my gsa in 2015, but the first into los angeles.

there are many interesting routes. i intend to stay south for most of trip. in april i ran into snow and ice in utah on my way back from death valley. there are some incredible road options in nm, nevada and arizona. next time you're in austin, give me a call: 310.386.3167 or dllanning1@gmail.com.

Back