• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Road to Tuk

I spent a couple of years living in Inuvik and travelling to Tuktoyaktuk via various airplanes and hovercraft servicing electronics on river and ocean tugs plus crew carrying hovercraft and can only imagine how nice it will be to have service by road year round. In the summer season residents have depended on air and barge freight which was extremely expensive although there has been an ice road in the winter for some time.

The new road section of the Inuvik Tuktoyaktuk Highway (ITH) is 138 Km (86 miles) so is reachable without an extra gas stops for most bikes. I would love to see the Pingos and walk along the Arctic Ocean beach again.

http://ith.dot.gov.nt.ca/

Maybe this should be the destination for a G310 GS for the summer of 2018. A short one way hop of 4,300 miles from Terlingua.

Last edited:
It’s on my agenda for mid-May to mid-June next year. Planning on taking the R100GS to Inuvik and Tuk, Top of the World, Deadhorse, Denali, Valdez, Cassiar Highway and Hyder. Not necessarily in that order, tho. My planned riding companion is probably not going to be able to be gone from work for over a month and SWMBO does not want me to go unaccompanied, so I’ll either be shopping for a compatible trip partner or just joining up with fellow travelers on the road. Should be a fun trip of a month or more.

Best,
DG

Back