• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Why Outlaw Biker Gangs Ride Harley-Davidsons

And yet, in the last article and photo series I saw on Sonny Barger, long-term president of the Hells Angels, his ride of choice was a BMW RT. Perhaps aging brings an appreciation of function over form even in the OMG.

It is interesting that we’ve never seen in the R1200C community the level of brand commitment that would induce something like the acquisition of a full-neck tattoo of the roundel, in flames. :lol

Best,
DG

Not all outlaws ride the HD brand. While working Gang Intelligence before retiring, we were quite surprised to find that many of the top HA leaders mounted up, on you guessed it, on BMW's. Smart guys in a limited way.........

Indian just might make a dent in Harley’s dominance of the biker gang “market” (do gang members normally buy their bikes?). Indian completely dominated the flat track series their first year back in racing (winning 14 of 18 races) and Harley performed very poorly with their new racing engine (the factory team had only one podium finish all season). And you know the time honored adage; Win on Sunday, get stolen on Monday.

It is interesting that we’ve never seen in the R1200C community the level of brand commitment that would induce something like the acquisition of a full-neck tattoo of the roundel, in flames.

Yeah well, now that BMW came out with the Bar Hoppin Bagger, look out buddy, all hell is going to break loose. :buds

Yeah well, now that BMW came out with the Bar Hoppin Bagger, look out buddy, all hell is going to break loose. :buds

People - this is a serious threat! :dance

Next thing you know, the 'Quad-B's' ("Bad Boy Beemer Baggers") will be trying to barge in on Gold Wingers at Dairy Queen, and there will be a nasty turf war! :gerg

People - this is a serious threat! :dance

Next thing you know, the 'Quad-B's' ("Bad Boy Beemer Baggers") will be trying to barge in on Gold Wingers at Dairy Queen, and there will be a nasty turf war! :gerg
Is this anything like the simmering rivalry between "The Chain Gang" and "Airheads" in days of yore?

Then they found out I had an Airhead. I had to run for my life. I lived to tell the tale. :dance

Voni and I rode our K75s to a Jail Break in the Clouds (Talimina St. Park) one year. We did have F650s at the time but were on the road when we decided to jog over to the event. Nobody seemed to care that the K bikes were there.

Yes in the beautiful desolate area of the western Ouchita Mountains I'm sure anything with a BMW Roundel was welcome. I attended a couple of the Jailbreak in the Clouds back in the day. If I remember correctly the Naturally Beemers had a Fall camp out close by and we rode over to see our chain drive breathern. I guess it's been about 20 years ago. Time flies by. I think I've got a stack of Naturally Beemer Newsletters from that era. May pull them out and read the reports and correctly refresh my fading memory. Yep, good memories from the early years of the Naturally Beemers. We were a pretty close knit bunch back in the day. I was recently over at the Rams Rally at Parkers Crossroads, Tn.. I didn't see one NBer there. Usually I see a group of 3 or 4. I havn't been active for several years. I need to make contact and find out the status of the club. :scratch

Back