• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 GSA - Ignition issue

Old Rider - OK Mechanic
Rode from Yuma to La last week and after checking into the hotel I went out to lock the steering head. The computer would not wake up ? What I got was a faint image on the dash and a quiet buzz for about 10 sec. Had it towed to the local dealer West Valley Cycle and they can't find the problem. If you can wake the computer up then the diagnostic tools do not work including the GS 911. The battery is fine (my first test)

Anyone else had this issue or any idea what is the case of this ?

Rode from Yuma to La last week and after checking into the hotel I went out to lock the steering head. The computer would not wake up ? What I got was a faint image on the dash and a quiet buzz for about 10 sec. Had it towed to the local dealer West Valley Cycle and they can't find the problem. If you can wake the computer up then the diagnostic tools do not work including the GS 911. The battery is fine (my first test)

Anyone else had this issue or any idea what is the case of this ?
Something similar happened to a friend last year with his K1600GTL while on a trip to the US.
The system locked, failed and wouldn't release. The bike had to be towed to a dealer.
The solution, IIRC, was to replace the central locking system unit.
However in his case, the US and the Canadian parts weren't compatible.
It seem the US an Canada use different frequencies.

Thankyou for the information -

So far now feedback from the dealer, I will contact them tomorrow and pass this information on to them. Thanks

Back