• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

bike goes black

kthflieger

Need some advice- 2011 R1200Rt - had a great ride, parked the bike - all was good. Came out the next morning to start the bike and the following happened: turned the key and everything lit up and self tested. As soon as I hit the start button, heard what sounded like 2 solenoid clicks and the entire bike went black. Let it sit a while - turned on the key, hit the start button....same thing...back to black. Put the bike on the charger in case the 6 mo old battery had somehow gone bad. 24 hours later tried it again...everything lit up. Hit the starter - went black......

any ideas? thanks:scratch

You have a sealed battery and you just broke one of the connectors between the cells. With minimal load the battery shows OK voltage but as soon as you impose the starter load you have nothing.

As soon as you replace the useless battery with a new one everything will be just fine.

You have a sealed battery and you just broke one of the connectors between the cells. With minimal load the battery shows OK voltage but as soon as you impose the starter load you have nothing.

As soon as you replace the useless battery with a new one everything will be just fine.

I had the same thing happen on my ‘11 GSA. Pushed the starter and heard a pop then black! 1 year old name brand...it happens!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back