• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

WOO-HOO to Voni

shortythorne

shortythorne
Just received my BMW ON and saw the well deserved recognition to Voni for her 1,100,000 miles! It is on page 86 (should have been on the front cover), as this is no small accomplishment. It is a great picture, like she always makes. Voni has been a long time inspiration to me, as I am sure she has for many women who ride. Anyone who knows anything about BMW motorcycles knows that Voni & Paul Glaves are really what this BMW family is all about. They both have spent many years volunteering their time & expertise about BMW motorcycles. I so hope they are appreciated for what they have done in the past & continue to do for the BMW family. Congratulations Voni, well done :bow, and thank you Paul for helping her accomplish this.

Five or so years ago Voni and the late Ardys Kellerman were the first two ladies recognized by BMW corporate and BMW MOA as having ridden one million miles on BMW motorcycles. This August Voni became the first woman to be recognized by both BMW Motrorrad USA and BMW MOA as having ridden a documented 1,100,000 miles on BMW motorcycles. She continues to credit me as her "mechanic and lover" for her singular achievement, much to the chagrin of our children, now well grown adults.

I do change tires and oil, and a few other things from time to time but the miles are hers, and hers alone. Don't let her kid you. She used 16 BMWs to do this. Her R1100RS, Big Red, is over 400,000 miles. Her K75 (one of several) is now at 110K or so. So is her F800S.

As a teacher of high school students with special needs she always told them to find a passion and that alone would make them high with no need for drugs or other stimulants. Her riding is her passion. She is a junkie - an adreneline junkie - whose body makes its own chemicals when she rides her motorcycles.

We need more of her.

Congratulations Voni; not the last such accomplishment I'm sure. When I grow-up I want to ride just like you!

Back