• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New 1600GT - What did you add?

Audio Jack

I bought a 2018 GT this past November and have so far added, VStream windshield. Wired headset 3.5MM audio jack. Touratech tank and rear seat bag as I like to ride locally without the panniers. Oil cooler cover screen and a rider Wunderlich Ergo heated seat. I think it's ready for the upcoming season.

Can you please provide details on how/where you wired in the 3.5mm audio jack?? I have a GTL and would love to have my pillion rider tuned into the same music I'm listening to. Because I didn't know how to crack into the BMW wiring, I put an audio jack under the seat with ample wire to pull it out when needed for a passenger and it runs into the top case through the grommet to plug into a tablet or MP3 player.

Thanks in advance! Dave Norton, Sedona, AZ

3.5mm

I used a Metra 2-Channel line output converter (TC-LOC2 by TruConnex) that I bought on eBay and a PDM-35 dash mount 3.5MM connector. The output converter connects to the ends of the original speaker wires and the dash mount connector plugs into the converter. The bike thinks the external speakers are still attached so all of the functionality of the radio and controls are retained. While my factory speakers are still in my bike they are no longer operable. I must have my earbuds in to listen to the radio or GPS instructions. Some people I know have used this Motochello product and it actually would seem to be more of what you personally are trying to achieve.

https://www.motochello.com/audio-speaker-bridge/

Back