Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New 1600GT - What did you add?

Dave Norton

USB Outlets & Seat

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Waterproof USB outlet - easily added on the right panel above the 12v socket. Maybe also a PDM60 or similar so you can power a tyre pump, since CANBUS trips out the standard 12v outlets at pointlessly low currents. That will also be a good first move if you’re planning any other electric gizmos such as horns and lights.
    Shame you won’t be able to fit a better radiator that doesn’t clog up!
    WHY add USB outlets that have to be waterproof and out in the elements??? I added 2 in the trunk for keeping power on the phone while using it in BT mode for the helmet communications (Schuberth R1 and Sena SC1). Just get a Battery Tender pigtail, wire it to the battery and poke a wire through the grommet on the lower right side of the top case and then attach one or two SAE connectors and then just plug on a Battery Tender (or other brand) USB port. Total cost is less than $20 and you never have to worry about the elements. I already have a battery charger pigtail supplied by the dealer on all bikes they sell so when I have the bike connected to it, I lay the helmet in the open top case and connect it to the USB and charge it at the same time. I leave the helmet USB cord connected to the bike in the top case and use the other USB outlet for my phone charger cord but if I only had one port there, I'd just disconnect the helmet when I'm ready to ride and plug in the phone.

Still looking for a good seat and high brake light modulator. I've read up on both and think I'm going to buy a VizTech modulator but still looking for that comfy seat with backrest . . . . Dave

+1 on the Vizi-Tec. Easy to install...plug and play.
    I've always had good luck with Sargent seats on all my BMW's.
    There is an adjustment on the bike to raise it a bit.

Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

My choice of an outlet on the fairing means that I have power conveniently placed for gadgets in the tank bag, mounted on the bars, or elsewhere in the cockpit. The outlet is also usable when the trunk/top-box has been removed, or isn't fitted at all (they are an option in some countries).Waterproof USB outlets are pretty cheap these days.

Power in the trunk (or top-box), such as you have done, is another good option.

Having both gives the ultimate flexibility!