• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW S1000 XR comfort seat

Anyone had any experience with the BMW "comfort seat for the S1000XR? A great item or just another 2x4 to sit on?

Can't speak on the XR, but the R and RR comfort seat is way better than the stock seat so I would imagine that the XR's comfort seat would be just as comfortable. Only issue is price, you could grab a saddleman or sargent seat for less than the factory comfort seat. Only reason imo to go factory seat is you want to roll the price into your loan.

I have the High HP Sport Seat (77 34 7 717 180). Not sure if that's what's being referred to as the "comfort" seat. I didn't find the stock seat all that uncomfortable, but I just bought my new S1000XR and have not had anything resembling a long ride on it yet. When buying it, I bought the High HP Sport Seat. I did this because it is taller (33.7") than the stock seat (33.1") and I'll take every bit of leg room I can get. I have not tried a Sargent, but I note that according to Sargent's website, their performance plus and sport performance offerings (http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Performance-Plus-Seat-BMW-S1000XR/ and http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/World-Sport-Performance-Seat-BMW-S1000XR/) are still shorter (33.53") than the High HP Sport Seat. That aside, I had a Sargent Solo on my last bike and it was an excellent seat for all 11 years I had it in service.

I put a comfort seat on my XR and loved it; much more comfortable than the standard seat. I put 15,000+ miles on the comfort seat and a number of 350+ mile days with no discomfort. It is 1" taller that there standard seat so it is not for everyone.

Comfort seat for S1000XR

I put a comfort seat on my XR and loved it; much more comfortable than the standard seat. I put 15,000+ miles on the comfort seat and a number of 350+ mile days with no discomfort. It is 1" taller that there standard seat so it is not for everyone.

Anyone tried a Rocky Mayer seat on an XR? I'm concered about the seat raising the ride heighth, which I don't need.

Is your Airhawk seat inflated with air, the same way the Airhawk seat cushions are?

Yes--which means you can control how soft/hard the seat is. It's easy to adjust and works quite well.

I had an Airhawk seat pad years ago on a different bike--liked the adjustability but didn't like the additional height and feeling a little insecure (like the cushion could move around). For me, this option provides desired adjustability while cradling you in a secure position.

I don't think it looks all that ugly, either. (For me, the BMW Comfort Seat has a nearly unbeatable look, but this isn't too bad. Probably no uglier than other aftermarket seats. YMMV)

Finally, it feels more level than the stock seat--which means I don't migrate towards the tank unless I want to.

No complaints here. For me, the Airhawk seat is a well-justified improvement. :thumb

Comfort seat

I ended up going with a Sargent. So far so good! Piping on the seat matches the color of the bike...racing red. :)

Back