• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Newbie from Central PA

2wheeltraveler

Newbie here.

Been riding 40+ years now and after a number of different bikes, recently purchased my first BMW last August. The 2015 GS Adventure is a perfect fit, and feeds my desire to participate in the GS Trophy in the near future.

After 15 years in public education an opportunity to make money exercising my passion (or as the wife likes to call it, my obsession) became available. Now I get paid to ride as a Regional Coordinator for the Motorcycle Safety Program in Pennsylvania (PA MSP).

Looking forward to learning and growing within the BMW MOA community.

Rick

Rick -

Welcome to the forum! So nice to be able to combine a number of passions and have the GSA to be included!! Sounds like a nice bike to wander off on some nice trips, too! :thumb

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the being part of the MOA family. This is a great forum with great people. BTW, I reside in York County PA as well.

Thank for the welcome.

Roughly York to Tioga County, and from Lebanon to Huntingdon, and covers approx. 27 counties.

Currently reside in York.

I'm in Carlisle so let me know if you want to link up some time. I was a mid-life crisis rider, having never been on a motorcycle until I was 52. Now nine years later I'm closing in on 160K miles so I suspect I've discovered every good road in Central PA.

I'm in Carlisle so let me know if you want to link up some time. I was a mid-life crisis rider, having never been on a motorcycle until I was 52. Now nine years later I'm closing in on 160K miles so I suspect I've discovered every good road in Central PA.

Wow! Lost track of this thread... sorry guys.

I’ve racked about 20K miles in 12 months on the GS, and an additional 5K on a 2012 K1600 which was purchased last November. Nearly all of this is work related. Spend way too much time on the Turn Pike, but a few off road trails found while heading up to Erie several times.

Entered a GS Challenge at the BMW RA in the Poconos last July, however, but my only bragging rights are that I finished the course...lol.

With all of this riding over the last several years, I'm finding an old love surface; namely, LDR (Long Distance Riding). Though I thorougly enjoy snowmobile trails, I’ll be shifting back to rallying. Current train of thought is to attend the 2019 Mason Dixon Rally and the Void Rally.

Would enjoy meeting up with anyone if interested.

Rick
Peace

What / where is the Mason Dixon Rally? Is there a link?

Wow! Lost track of this thread... sorry guys.

I’ve racked about 20K miles in 12 months on the GS, and an additional 5K on a 2012 K1600 which was purchased last November. Nearly all of this is work related. Spend way too much time on the Turn Pike, but a few off road trails found while heading up to Erie several times.

Entered a GS Challenge at the BMW RA in the Poconos last July, however, but my only bragging rights are that I finished the course...lol.

With all of this riding over the last several years, I'm finding an old love surface; namely, LDR (Long Distance Riding). Though I thorougly enjoy snowmobile trails, I’ll be shifting back to rallying. Current train of thought is to attend the 2019 Mason Dixon Rally and the Void Rally.

Would enjoy meeting up with anyone if interested.

Rick
Peace

Back