• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Handlebar risers?

ebordelon

I ride a 2016 R1200RT and am considering extending the handlebars. Has anyone used either the Helibars or Illium risers? And, if so, which would you recommend?

I don't have an answer to your question, but just wanted to welcome you the the BMW MOA Forums ebordelon! I hope you enjoy your time here, and have a great experience!

I don't have either but did try the Ilium Works risers and thought they were pretty well made. I ended up returning them as did not think they were for me but I like them a lot more than any others out there. They are very reasonably priced as well. Just make sure you rent the special tool. They have an excellent installation video.

Bar risers

Ilium's. I have short arms and legs so risers essential. Just do it

Attachments

• leftDash_14oct17.jpg
    leftDash_14oct17.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 602
  • rightDash_14oct17.jpg
    rightDash_14oct17.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 605
+1 on the Iliums. They work/look great. No need to re-route switches or cables. Do yourself a favor and borrow the removal tool they have available. Just send it back and you'll get a full refund.

I have Iliums on my 15 and 17 RTs.

bar-backs.jpg

Lliums are the better price performer. Easy to install with the tool you can rent. I really like mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lliums are the better price performer. Easy to install with the tool you can rent. I really like mine.

My dealer has the tool you can borrow for installation yourself. Check with your dealer. It may have one too.

I am no mechanical wizard, but I installed Ilium bar backs all alone by myself!

Ilium bar risers, combined with the Suburban Machinery foot peg lowering kit, make my '15 RT perfectly comfortable. Have fun farkeling!

+1 on Iliums. They made it so I had all day comfort by helping me straighten my back and decreasing my reach to the bars.

My friend and I installed them in an hour. Just make sure you rent their push tool for removing the hand grips as it made the job a breeze. You could do the install with one person. It is just easier to have four hands when you're lining everything up and torquing them down.

Another +1 for the Iliums as well as a big recommendation for the Ilium floor boards. After 50 years on pegs, I don;'t know how I ever lived without them. I also have Ilium floor boards on my "C" but they tend to drag on the corners:)

Bob

One more +1 for the Illiums - Install went fine. Used a puller tool instead of their tool - but I'm sure their tool would have made it easier.

no tool

I used some heat to get the bars out. To prevent overheating I monitored the temperature with an infrared thermometer, as I theorized the heat must be allowed to spread down to the handle bar shaft to soften the Loctite. I was correct, and they came out with a small hammer tap. I have a puller set, but, did not need to use it.

Risers for 03 k1200 GT?

Forgive my ignorance, but I am new to the forum (and to BMW ownership) so I'm still learning tons.

For one, my bike needs risers.
My search lead me here, but Ilium Works doesn't list risers for my model.

Can anyone recommend another manufacturer, parts dealer or better way to search?

Any help would be appreciated.

Forgive my ignorance, but I am new to the forum (and to BMW ownership) so I'm still learning tons.

For one, my bike needs risers.
My search lead me here, but Ilium Works doesn't list risers for my model.

Can anyone recommend another manufacturer, parts dealer or better way to search?

Any help would be appreciated.

I like Rox Risers. I do not know if they have anything that will work on your bike, but worth a look.

Back