Thread: Fuel gauge, Sirius radio reception

Post Fuel gauge, Sirius radio reception

2018 K1600 GTL fuel gauge will not read full, always stays one bar low, have filled on center stand, side stand, makes no difference. Radio is solid reception going south, or west, is constantly linking going north or east . Will go linking sitting at an open intersection in those directions. Can turn 180 degrees in the same location and drop 2 bars in reception. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum; sorry this is the reason for your first post. I used the tag cloud link at the bottom of the page and searched for Sirius radio. I managed to find a past thread that discussions issues with reception...maybe this will be something to consider. Also, look for other owners to chime in.

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-signal-issues
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Fuel not reading full

Fuel gauge reading one bar low when tank is filled is a known problem that is waiting for a solution from BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by d martin View Post
    Fuel gauge reading one bar low when tank is filled is a known problem that is waiting for a solution from BMW.
    If you know that is the case, why is it a problem? My VStrom does that too but since I know it I don't care.

Now if it showed 2 bars when only one would be accurate, or shows a bar when you are out of gas, now that would be a real problem.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Probably because he paid a lot of money for his bike and expects it to operate correctly for at least the warranty period.

Quote Originally Posted by arlynshirley View Post
    Radio is solid reception going south, or west, is constantly linking going north or east . Will go linking sitting at an open intersection in those directions. Can turn 180 degrees in the same location and drop 2 bars in reception. Any ideas?
    I found an older website which might help explain how Sirius XM delivers its signal. Here's the URL: http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/docs/sirius.html

My reception in Massachusetts seems to show that the signal is coming from what may be geosynchronous satellites near the equator. I lose the signal when in trees/rocky terrain to the south of me, but in the city (with the alleged Sirius repeater system) it's fine. Very odd.
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Fuel Gauge Problem, 2018 Bagger

I'm new to the forum also, with the same fuel gauge problem, the last segment will not show when the tank is fully fueled. The local dealer did a software reload today that did not fix the problem. Now they are asking to keep the bike for a day to pull the "fuel pump and float", their words not mine.

Does anyone know what the BMW fix is for this problem/

Thanks for any information.