• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Maintenance Instructions booklet - K1200S

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
This is the title of a booklet I got with my R1100S which contains a lot more detail on specifications, torque values, and service intervals than the Riders Manual.

Is there a similar booklet for the K1200S and where can I get one? I see nothing listed on the parts fiches I have looked at.

Hi Mike,

I can send you the "Rider's Manual" p/n 01 41 7 712 081 (from 2007, 5th edition) if that would be any help. It's pretty good on all the basic stuff, but quite lean with torque values or the more advanced issues.

It's about 3.5 gb, so I can't post it here. Would a PM work with a file that size? or I can send direct...

Thanks for the offer, Paul. I have the Rider's Manual. As you say, it's less informative than I would like. Does anyone know if a Maintenance Instructions booklet exists for the K12/1300S ?

You can order the factory service DVD from your dealer or through the online dealers like MaxBMW.
Best,
DG

Thanks for that, sir. Definitely on the list of things to get however I find that reading a DVD is hard when one is in the middle of US 50 with a flat tire - even if I have my reading glasses. :laugh

I was looking for something in a printed format. I know, I'm old school.

Back