• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Top-Sellerie-Comfort gel seat

Can't really answer your specific question; but expect to get some opinions about gel seats in general...
Many people will tell you how hot or cold they can get, or how the gel shifted over time.
I LOVE my gel seat (1150RT), from CeeBailey's... no longer made.
Had another gel on a previous bike, loved that also.
Never had any issue with "too hot" or "too cold" or the gel moving.

Can't really answer your specific question; but expect to get some opinions about gel seats in general...
Many people will tell you how hot or cold they can get, or how the gel shifted over time.

CeeBailey's is no longer in the motorcycle business.

Thanks for inspiring confidence to order gel. As for too hot, I take your word.
As for too cold, how would you know, down in L.A.?:)
I guess no one has experienced this seat, so I wonder if I should try it.
Still waiting for comments about this ...

As for not too cold - previous gelled bike toured Alaska, Yukon, and British Columbia; present bike has been through most of B.C. and a bit of Alberta (think "Athabasca Glacier on a stormy day"), northern Rockies on several rides, and the northeastern U.S. in "somewhat inclement" weather.

And not too hot - of course they've both been out in the sun in the lower desert... The first couple of seconds of seating may have been cozy, but never an "issue" at all; jeans insulates well enough, but leather pants work better. Some of the dirt riders around here have gel in their skinny seats, and I've never heard a complaint about heat (but their gear is heavier).

As for not too cold - previous gelled bike toured Alaska, Yukon, and British Columbia; present bike has been through most of B.C. and a bit of Alberta (think "Athabasca Glacier on a stormy day"), northern Rockies on several rides, and the northeastern U.S. in "somewhat inclement" weather.

And not too hot - of course they've both been out in the sun in the lower desert... The first couple of seconds of seating may have been cozy, but never an "issue" at all; jeans insulates well enough, but leather pants work better. Some of the dirt riders around here have gel in their skinny seats, and I've never heard a complaint about heat (but their gear is heavier).

Thank you for your input. I hope I didn't hurt your ego when mentioned about how cold would you know...
But you sure have raised my interest into this gel thing. Just last week I took apart my extra low bench seat
with intent to improve it. And now, thanks to you, am looking to add a gel pad. Am thinking of a thinner, more dense
pad, like 3/8 thick. There are all kinds of gel pads out there, as I first time looked for. This will be a interesting project!

No worries, my ego remains untouched. Harassment and abuse is just another one of the services I freely provide. :laugh
A while back, I bought a large gel pad (with cover) from Cycle Gear, just to use as a butt pad when I sit on the floor to watch TV - after several months, the gel in that definitely migrated (but it still works ok). Dunno if it's due to poor general craftsmanship or the different way I use it.

Thanks Pauls1150. I just talked with my upholsterer, and has agreed with my suggestion on pad.
Am getting a 3/8 pad that is firmer than others, but is all my extra low seat for RT can accommodate.
Tend to believe is a good made, from Kno Place Upholstery Co. Will let you know how it turned out!

Was not my intention to drift away from the thread, but looks
like no one has experience with that brand of after market seats.
It is still on my mind to try it, in case am not happy with my new
altered extra low bench seat.

Back