Thread: How do you pack your F700/F800 GS?

Heartbeat of my R100GS Guenther's Avatar

How do you pack your F700/F800 GS?

I had an R100GS for a long time and over the years I found a suitable arrangement for my gear. I just bought a F700GS and need some ideas on how to load all my stuff onto the new bike. Like what kind of tank bag, side cases, cargo/luggage rack.

012.jpg

Appreciate suggestions/ideas and PICTURES of yours.

Thanks!
    Guenther

[QUOTE=Guenther;1107514]I had an R100GS for a long time and over the years I found a suitable arrangement for my gear. I just bought a F700GS and need some ideas on how to load all my stuff onto the new bike. Like what kind of tank bag, side cases, cargo/luggage rack.

Guenther,

I just bought my F700GS so I am waiting on new Jesse Bags (Odessey) for luggage. My old ones will not fit the F700.They come with their own racks for mounting. I am using my old RKA (non expandable 3.0 liter Allegro ) tank bag. I am a minimalist, so that is about all I carry. If I can't get it packed into those Jesse Bags, then I don't carry it. I like the Jesse Bags because they keep the weight low. I do have a Touratec tool bag that just fits on the back part of the seat. It is expandable and I find it very useful for extra gloves, light sweater, camera or anything you need to get to quickly. It is not waterproof, but really has to rain for a long time before inside gets wet. 024.jpg
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Another recommendation for Jesse Bags. Annie has them on her F650GS (Twin) and along with a BMW tailbag has carried all she needs for long camping trips. She also uses a Wolfman tank bag.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Kevin,

the Jesses are top loader. Does Annie put anything on top of the lids? Does she carry tent/sleeping back/rally chair and where/how?

Checking the Wolfman bag(s).

/Guenther

I have the RKA 6L expands TO 10L tank bag. Most of the time it is on the 6L size. Three clip buckles, 15 seconds and it off the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post
    Kevin,

the Jesses are top loader. Does Annie put anything on top of the lids? Does she carry tent/sleeping back/rally chair and where/how?

Checking the Wolfman bag(s).

/Guenther
    I carry the tent, we both carry folding chairs but they are small enough to fit inside of something. Once or twice she has carried a sun awning on top of a Jesse Bag. I installed footman's loops on our Jesse Bags to facilitate loading stuff on top, but seldom have used them. I guess it is a matter of personal preference, but I much prefer top loading bags. They tend to hold more, are easier to load and easier to keep orderly.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Thanks Eugene for mentioning the RKA tank bag. Never heard about rka-luggage.com.

/Guenther

Have visited and bought many things from RKA. Wonderful place and they ride!
    Marty Hill
    7 GS white

Ride till you can't