• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R.I.P. Gord Downie

I'm thinking the lack of response to this post is 'cause he was a good Canadian boy and the 'Hip sang midnight, old-timer hockey. I doubt that my friends to the south could groove to "50 Mission Cap" or "38 Years Old" but I could sure take a snappy on a pancake and feel 14 years old with the music in the arena.

What a shame. Only 53 years old and gone so soon. Although I was not a big fan of the Hip, he certainly captivated a lot of folks with his thoughtful Canadian based lyrics. He will be missed. Cancer is such an insidious hidden enemy!

Tonight millions of us in Canada are transfixed watching #LongTimeRunning... Gord and the Tragically Hip's last summer tour after his brain surgery. Incredible courage - awesome talent till the very end.

Downie.2016.ManMachinePoem.jpg

I always like the Hip. Great in concert and their songs stand the test of time. I don't know if I would have the "courage" or concern to spend my last living days helping others and putting on one last set of concerts for his fans. Everytime I drink a bottle of Mill St 100th Meridian beer, I think of Gord and the Tragically Hip

At the hundredth meridian
where the great plains begin......

Back