• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Warning: Fake Schuberth Helmet site

Helmet

That I don’t know. A helmet for sure, but can’t speak to the legitimacy.

Have you owned a Shuberth before ? How does it feel on ? Are you happy with your purchase?
I am sure some of the member can tell you how to identify a genuine Scuberth!

But if you are happy with the purchase, that is all that counts.

That I don’t know. A helmet for sure, but can’t speak to the legitimacy.

Where are you located?? Schuberth is usually at all the IMS motorcycle shows. They also have field reps who are frequently at dealer open houses. I am certain they would be able to determine if the helmet is a legitimate Schuberth product. It may look similar to the real thing, but it is the quality of the build and the specific materials of the helmet that will separate the real deal from the copy.

On 14th street in NYC there are lots of vendors selling "Rolex" watches for $50. Would you think it is a real Rolex, and you just saved thousands of dollars or is it more likely a "Bolex" copy?

Friedle

Have you owned a Shuberth before ? How does it feel on ? Are you happy with your purchase?
I am sure some of the member can tell you how to identify a genuine Scuberth!

But if you are happy with the purchase, that is all that counts.

Keep in mind, I am not the purchaser. A fellow member at our local BMW club purchased the helmet. I have not seen the helmet yet. That said, we have plenty of known legitimate Schuberth helmets in our club, so it would be easy to do a side-by-side comparison

Keep in mind, I am not the purchaser. A fellow member at our local BMW club purchased the helmet. I have not seen the helmet yet. That said, we have plenty of known legitimate Schuberth helmets in our club, so it would be easy to do a side-by-side comparison

Please do the comparison. Inquiring minds need to know.

Fake?

Have someone who wears a shoei neotec helmet and loves it try on the suspect Schubert if it feels ok to him it's a fake

Fake Schubert

Well I just joined this forum only to let you all know these fake Schubert helmets are not even fake.
what you receive is a $20 dollar Chinese mopped helmet, then you get the go around e mail answers of sorry checking with shipping company, lets us verify , we made a mistake will correct etc etc etc.
be aware.

Attachments

• schu1.jpg
    schu1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,939
Welcome to the forum kmendez:wave

Yeah, that's no Schuberth:banghead

I have passed on a few deals recently if it's too big a deal and coming from China...fool me once ya know!

How does Post #29 ("I have seen both side-by-side, and cannot tell a bit of difference.") square with Post #31?

Last edited:
How does Post #29 ("I have seen both side-by-side, and cannot tell a bit of difference.") square with Post #31?
Well I was hopeful of something good , really hoping for something looking like a Schubert and the challenge to compared to my real Schubert, but this is what I got. :banghead

A simple cell phone photo of the helmet he received would be of interest..

I saw what was supposedly received from China, but I didn't do the order nor receive it. Now, based on the most recent report, I'm beginning to question if my fellow club member was too embarrassed to admit that he got ripped off, and bought a genuine Schuberth and claimed it was the Chinese one? I really don't know.

Just curious - did your club member notice where the shipment originated? From looking at the site - I'm guessing non-USA/Canada. Perhaps Europe since ECE approval was mentioned somewhere. Or perhaps Asia?

Wish I had seen this earlier. Thought I was getting a great deal on a new face shield and pin lock for my C3 Pro. Received a package at the post office today. It originated from China and the contents were very cheap, very poor imitation. Just junk. Will contact my CC company.

Wish I had seen this earlier. Thought I was getting a great deal on a new face shield and pin lock for my C3 Pro. Received a package at the post office today. It originated from China and the contents were very cheap, very poor imitation. Just junk. Will contact my CC company.

If it seems to good to be true - it is. If it seems like a super deal, it probably isn't. If we all (me too) were not so darn cheap we might do better in our purchases. YMMV.

If it seems to good to be true - it is. If it seems like a super deal, it probably isn't. If we all (me too) were not so darn cheap we might do better in our purchases. YMMV.

Human nature , the temptation of the forbidden cheap helmet

Back