Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Warning: Fake Schuberth Helmet site

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Try this site to see if the one you want to send money too is a scam site.. YMMV

https://www.scamadviser.com
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, 17 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    Try this site to see if the one you want to send money too is a scam site.. YMMV

https://www.scamadviser.com
    Unfortunately a "site" may be "safe" but sellers thereon may not be. Amazon (fake or grey-market) EBAY, and others with sellers outside the corporate umbrella come to mind. I'll stick with local vendors or proven sellers (BMW or Harley dealer, Revzilla) or the actual manufacturer (Illium, Werks, Wunderlich, Aerostich). Yeah, I paid $25 more for that- watch, helmet, gloves, jeans...I can return them, my queries are answered, they're the real thing!

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    Unfortunately a "site" may be "safe" but sellers thereon may not be. Amazon (fake or grey-market) EBAY, and others with sellers outside the corporate umbrella come to mind. I'll stick with local vendors or proven sellers (BMW or Harley dealer, Revzilla) or the actual manufacturer (Illium, Werks, Wunderlich, Aerostich). Yeah, I paid $25 more for that- watch, helmet, gloves, jeans...I can return them, my queries are answered, they're the real thing!
    At least with the knowledge of a site being a scam you can be forewarned.
    That said, yes there are plenty of scammers on Amazon and fleabay but paying with PayPal or a dedicated CC you will be better protected..
    I too stick with my local dealer or very well known vendors to be safe btw.
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, 17 R1200RT

I would absolutely use that site too for first time purchases from niche product vendors. Odd shaving equipment for example. Though another good source for checking out a vendor is a search on some of the forums related...BMWMOA or HDForums or badger and blade or whatever the field triumphrat watchuseek. Afficianado real world experience. Scams are rarely site sponsors too.

For grins I ran the URL from the OP through the scam detector site just mentioned. The rating was "suspicious" while falling short of declaring the site an outright scam. It did disclose that the site now seems to be inactive.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/