• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Warning: Fake Schuberth Helmet site

Same type of fraud (I think) but with Held Gloves.

I guess it's a clue that the sentence syntax and spelling is at various points not anything we learned in school. Also, note that every item in the store has "1,000 Units in Stock." Yeah, right...

Also, I wonder from which website they copied this:

View attachment 64650

I'm pretty sure I'm going through the same thing but with HELD Gloves.

Is it possible all of this could have been avoided if you went to your local retailer to buy your new helmet? I'm sure he/she would have appreciated the business to help him/her stay in business.

I’m testing a site .I didn’t know it was from China till after I ordered but all I ordered was the neck role for my C3 pro. I’ll see how that goes. I’ll keep you posted.

Try this site to see if the one you want to send money too is a scam site.. YMMV

https://www.scamadviser.com

Unfortunately a "site" may be "safe" but sellers thereon may not be. Amazon (fake or grey-market) EBAY, and others with sellers outside the corporate umbrella come to mind. I'll stick with local vendors or proven sellers (BMW or Harley dealer, Revzilla) or the actual manufacturer (Illium, Werks, Wunderlich, Aerostich). Yeah, I paid $25 more for that- watch, helmet, gloves, jeans...I can return them, my queries are answered, they're the real thing!

Unfortunately a "site" may be "safe" but sellers thereon may not be. Amazon (fake or grey-market) EBAY, and others with sellers outside the corporate umbrella come to mind. I'll stick with local vendors or proven sellers (BMW or Harley dealer, Revzilla) or the actual manufacturer (Illium, Werks, Wunderlich, Aerostich). Yeah, I paid $25 more for that- watch, helmet, gloves, jeans...I can return them, my queries are answered, they're the real thing!

At least with the knowledge of a site being a scam you can be forewarned.
That said, yes there are plenty of scammers on Amazon and fleabay but paying with PayPal or a dedicated CC you will be better protected..
I too stick with my local dealer or very well known vendors to be safe btw. :)

I would absolutely use that site too for first time purchases from niche product vendors. Odd shaving equipment for example. Though another good source for checking out a vendor is a search on some of the forums related...BMWMOA or HDForums or badger and blade or whatever the field triumphrat watchuseek. Afficianado real world experience. Scams are rarely site sponsors too.

For grins I ran the URL from the OP through the scam detector site just mentioned. The rating was "suspicious" while falling short of declaring the site an outright scam. It did disclose that the site now seems to be inactive.

Back