• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2006 K1200GT throttle issue

Tbdomenz

Riding around town - 50 mph max - sometimes using cruise. Then with cruise off and when coming to a stop I notice engine doesn't return to idle speed(~1000rpm) as quick. Continue riding now heading home and idle will not come back to 1000 rpm but "hangs" at 2000 rpm !??? All mechanical? Electrical? Cruise issues? ?????
Very tricky to ride now :( Where to inspect cables? How to inspect throttle stop? I have never had the plastic off so where to start?

One of the many K mysteries...mine does that sometimes....sometimes it just turns off....sometimes it’s just perfect. Software up to date , all recalls done. Just weirdness....but you could try resetting the throttle. Key on.....wide open throttle and to close, repeat 3 times....then key off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That requires a battery disconnect first, does it not?

Right...disconnecting the battery and discharging the system should get it going. Remove and ground the positive battery cable. Turn the ignition on then off. Replace the positive battery cable. Turn ignition on, then turn the throttle full open then close.....repeat three times. Turn ignition off, then start the bike and ride as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back