Thread: Garmin Smartphone Link Not Working / Nav VI / iPhone / iOS 11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Garmin Smartphone Link Not Working / Nav VI / iPhone / iOS 11

Has anyone else experienced issues with the Garmin Smartphone Link app since upgrading to iOS 11?

I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 11, and since then, I no longer seem to get Live Traffic, the Weather Map or Weather alerts. In the case of the weather alerts, one could argue that is a blessing, but I kind of miss getting traffic alerts and rerouting information. I even tried unpairing/re-pairing and reinstalling the app on my phone. My GPS is paired, my phone and GPS both say they are connected, and Smartphone Link on the GPS shows it is connected to my phone. However, when I go to Traffic, it says it is "Waiting for Traffic Data", and that message never changes.

Since I just upgraded the OS, I'm pretty suspicious that is the cause. Wondering if anyone has upgraded their iPhone and had success.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

I used mine yesterday and the link seemed to work. Running iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 with Smartphone Link and Nav VI. I do not use the traffic feature but the weather part was working correctly and I got notifications. May have been a temporary issue with the weather function. BTW, from your pic it looks like we bought our bikes at the same shop in GR.

11.0.2 on iPhone 6s, and yesóthere are issues with Garmin Smartlink to my 590LM. Media player drops out for no reason or fails to start, the 590 sometimes shuts down when the Garmin Gal announces arrival at destination, other periodic issues that float in and out. I saw none of this until updating to 11.0.1, and the update to iOS 11.0.2 has not resolved anything. There are issues with the basic operation of the phone itself since moving to 11.0.x; a few were helped by the 11.0.2 update.

Apple still has some work to do on this one.

Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 R100GS "Bee"-- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

iPhone 6S, iOS 11.0.1, Nav V, working normally. There was an update to the smartphone link app in the last week or so, maybe check to see if youíve done that update.
    14 R1200GS, 02 R1150RT

NAV VI just updated and so is my iPhone 7 OIS updated.
    Have the Garmin SmartLink app installed yesterday.
    First time I tried pairing was yaesterday also, no go...
    Any ideas?
    "...the burble of my exhaust unwound like a long cord behind me. Soon my speed snapped it, and I heard only the cry of the wind...." Larry of Arubia

Villhelm!

Do you seriously expect me to believe that THE Chris Wilhelm canít figure out a little ole software update glitch... ?

Oh the shame of it all...
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Iíve been feeding Garmin techs with lots of info about my configuration and symptoms. Itís supposedly being forwarded up channel to their engineering team. Hopefully theyíll be able to fix this and get it working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Fastman
    '86 R65, '96 R1100RS, '04 K1200RS, '13 K1300S 30th Anniversary - SOLD
    '16 R1200GSA
    The most notable thing you can leave for posterity is your name...signed Anonymous