• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sounds on Deceleration of Brand New GSA like it is carb'ed.

river-runner

Hi Riders!

My new '17 GSA burbles and sounds like a carb'ed bike that is jetted too lean. It doesn't pop, but does everything next to a pop and burble. I'm coming off a 2012 Husky TE511 and 2015 KTM690 - both are fuel injected and after some programming they just shut off going down hills - no burble-burble-pop-pop unwanted sounds.......

Do new GSA's need a power commander or can the dealer reflash the ECU with another program with more fueling?

Any News? Are dealers giving people their luggage racks yet? I'd really like to get out and do some short trips before the rain starts.

I also have a 17 GSA. I have just under 10,000 miles on it so far. The only time I notice a deceleration burble, is when I am in "rain" mode. Dont know why. Other than rain mode, I hear nothing. My bike has had at least two new software updates (one at 600 miles, two at 6,000 miles), and it is possible they corrected your problem on my bike, before I noticed it. Not sure.

Have it on the '09 F800GS.....Kinda like a little exhaust noise. I do believe it's a "lean pop" and it's nothing to worry about.
OM

flabbygears

My '16 GS had a the same issue but after 6K it seems to have gone away. I sort of miss it and when I spoke to the dealer about it they just looked at me like "yeah" with a smile. Baby's burp!

My '16 GS had a the same issue but after 6K it seems to have gone away. I sort of miss it and when I spoke to the dealer about it they just looked at me like "yeah" with a smile. Baby's burp!

Welcome to the forum!
I forgot to mention when I mad the comment in my last post that my bike is worse in hot weather.
Enjoy the forum!
Gary

Back