• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Question about BMW Saddlebag Mounts

bullfighter

My R1150R came with a GIVI rear rack, but no case. I'm thinking about removing it since I have no use for it. What I'm wondering is whether I need to fit a grab bar or something else to join the right and left saddlebag mounts together in place of the rack, for the sake of structural rigidity?

Here's a couple pics of how it's currently set up:
1005171733[1].jpg1005171733a[1].jpg

Any thoughts?

46 54 7 654 765 luggage carrier, white aluminium

Attachments

• luggage carrier br1150r.jpg
    luggage carrier br1150r.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 168
My R1150R came with a GIVI rear rack, but no case. I'm thinking about removing it since I have no use for it. What I'm wondering is whether I need to fit a grab bar or something else to join the right and left saddlebag mounts together in place of the rack, for the sake of structural rigidity?

Here's a couple pics of how it's currently set up:
View attachment 64476View attachment 64477

Any thoughts?

Took a BMW aluminum rack off my ‘04 R1150R (it was too small to be of any use), and haven’t noticed any problems with the saddle bag mounts. They are there for use as passenger grab bars, so there’s no need for any reinforcement, IMO.

Back