• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'05 Dakar seat release prob

theandy

Wondering if anyone's had an issue with their seat release not releasing? I have a new-to-me 05 Dakar and although the seller was easily showing me the goodies beneath the seat when I was buying it, I now cant seem to get the orange handle to work to release the seat. Just pull, right? slightly out/up? Is it possible the seat's just stuck? Now what?

Welcome to the forum and the new bike! Don't really have an answer for you, but what if you applied some vertical pressure with one hand to the seat and then worked the latch mechanism??

Yeah, that was quite a noob question. Got it unstuck. Just had a piece of a ziptie crammed in at just the wrong way to not allow it to open. Fixed, it and all is well with the world now.

Welcome to the forum!
Just wait until you have a bike with a lock that takes the ignition key...........and you have to hunt for the "lost" ignition key (in your seat lock) :uhoh
Gary

Back