• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

iOS 11

I have a iPhone 7 it upgraded to iOS 11 took a few pictures tried to post got thisIMG_0262.jpg

Any ideas on what to do?

I looked at apple crap if I air drop photo to iPad it will work, air drop is in some kind of jpeg that plays nice with forum . If I use the photo that was automatically synced to pad get above error message.

Did some more investigation on iOS 11 go to settings/ camera/ format/ and change heic capture to most compatible camera again will play nice with forum, the rotation thing still ****** up.

Last edited:
I've found this forum to be the most finicky about posting pictures. I get error messages about 50% of the time when I try to post pictures using a URL. The messages say the file is too large or of the wrong type. The same file will post without problem on any of other six or seven forums I visit, and will post on this forum if I upload it as an attachment. I use an iMac or iPhone to post. Never understood why I have this issue and never gave it much thought since I have a work around.

I've found this forum to be the most finicky about posting pictures. I get error messages about 50% of the time when I try to post pictures using a URL. The messages say the file is too large or of the wrong type. The same file will post without problem on any of other six or seven forums I visit, and will post on this forum if I upload it as an attachment. I use an iMac or iPhone to post. Never understood why I have this issue and never gave it much thought since I have a work around.

What is the software that runs on the other forums that you visit where uploading pictures seems to work OK? vBulletin has some compatibility issues with Apple products...or maybe it's the other way around. I have an Android device but rarely if ever upload from my phone. I tend to move my pictures to my Windows laptop then upload from there. I've never had any issues uploading pictures.

The standard graphic types are readily accepted on our forum. That's JPG, BMP, PDF, GIF, etc. If something other than these are being used, that could be a problem. The forum software has the ability to reduce the image being uploaded so it meets the size requirements. But if you try and upload a huge file, it's going to have a problem with that and possibly time out.

Two are vBulletin (no issues posting pictures)
One vBadvanced
One Waindigo (AdvRider)
One IP.Board (the easiest to use)

All my issues were when I was using Photobucket. I recently switched to PostImage and think I attempted only once to post an image and it went well.

The two vBulletin sites should have the same issues as ours...not sure if you mean two more sites or two including the MOA. We're doing nothing special to deal with images other than the default settings. I can understand that using online photo sharing sites can add a wrinkle...I always upload from my computer as I have no full-time online photo storage to take advantage of.

I thought ADVRider was now using Xenforo...they used to be vBulletin. It says at the bottom of the forum page "Certain XenForo add-ons by Waindigo"...basically it's Xenforo.

I wasn't sure what to put for ADV Rider. I saw the Waindigo and went with that; it's all black magic and Voodoo to me.

Let me revise the list:

One vBulletin site in addition to the MOA, version 3.8.8
Two Badvanced sites
One IP.Board
One Xenforo site
One phpBB site

One of the iPhones I'm running was just updated to the iOS 11. Pictures sent to a Windoze machine via e-mail, with the phone held vertically, had the pictures render on their side.
I am going to try what one Member suggested and use the phone horizontally with the camera (viewed from the front) in the upper right hand corner. :dunno
OM

Back