• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1984 R65 Turn signal switch and horn not working

With the light bulb in place of the fuse you lowered the voltage to the flasher and the horn. This could be the reason why they now don't work.

Buy a pack of 8A fuses and retry with a fuse in place.

/Guenther

Apparently Problem Solved

So many thanks to all of you that helped me with this. The final resolution is that the open switch for the front brake light caused the problem. I'm not sure why. The horn works, and everything else seems to be working normally. I went out for several hours today and had no issues.

Great! Here's to that solving the problem. Something for others to think about in the future.

So what did you do with the wire to the front brake light switch to fix this?

Or, do you avoid using the handlebar brake lever from now on? :banghead

/Guenther

It was not missing, just disconnected. My guess is that when I was riding it home I must have jostled it and disconnected it, or maybe the vibrations caused it. But when I was testing the brake lights with the light bulb, I couldn't get the brake light to come on when I pressed the front brake. Then I found the open connector and reconnected it. It seems a bit flimsy, should it be wrapped in shrink wrap or something? It's pretty exposed.

Back