• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

FOBO Bluetooth Tyre Pressure sensors

aussiebob

Hi Fellow BMW Hex and Cam heads,

I have just been reviewing the FOBO Tyre Pressure sensors for bike riders. Have any of you got these on-board and what do you think?? Are they the value that youtube is telling me??

My research is telling me to get the T Valves as well. Do these combinations (T Valve and FOBO caps) clear all the brake assembly. And to cover all bases any wheel imbalance experienced??

I look forward to your experience!

Kind regards

Aussie Bob

Last edited:
I have the mobletron system that is talked about in the above thread and I like it a lot. The display is easy to read and the sensors are inside the tire so they give you temperature and pressure. I would recommend the Mobletron system.

Just my 2 cents
Roger L

I've used the FOBO system on my RT for about 20k miles and love it. I love how it stays in touch with the app as long as you leave bluetooth on (I'll sometimes get a ding on my phone in the bedroom when the tire pressure reads low at night from the cold temps). They seem pretty accurate and most importantly they let you know your tires have pressure without manually checking them or having to ride for a while before they give you a readout (like most TPMS).

I'm not sure about the T-Valves. The RT has a sideways metal valve in the front and I put an angled metal valve in the back and the FOBO has plenty of clearance.

I've used the FOBO system on my RT for about 20k miles and love it. I love how it stays in touch with the app as long as you leave bluetooth on (I'll sometimes get a ding on my phone in the bedroom when the tire pressure reads low at night from the cold temps). They seem pretty accurate and most importantly they let you know your tires have pressure without manually checking them or having to ride for a while before they give you a readout (like most TPMS).

I'm not sure about the T-Valves. The RT has a sideways metal valve in the front and I put an angled metal valve in the back and the FOBO has plenty of clearance.

Any chance you can put pictures up of your fobos?

FOBO won't clear the brake caliper on a S1000XR

These look like a great product. Fit the back tire no problem, but won't clear the brakes on the front. Only solution I can see would be to drill a new hole into the rim along the center line and install a second (metal) valve stem. That would probably require a bit of careful machining of the center ridge to allow the valve stem to seal well.

Fits fine on 2010 R1200RT

I just finished installing on my 2010 R1200RT. Sensors fit just fine and able to clear the front caliper. I have a short metal rear valve stem so not issues there.

Pictures of them on them valve stem.
ff4dff3d53b3d8dedabec47e9c669fd3.jpg
5c69ca1a3def96bb6bc1263b6dddbfdb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

These external sensors seem to all look very similar. (The internal ones look similar to each other also)
My Steelmate looks like that too.

Yeah, they look like the TST units I have on the motorhome. Mine are a few years old and the batteries are supposedly not replaceable. I will try anyway :hungover
Other than that, it’s $50.00 each for new sensors :banghead
OM

https://tsttruck.com

Back